Everything is free on iTunesU
iTunes U: Free Education by Download
Regardless of Apple's educational event, interested parties can already find a lot of educational and free content in the iTunes Store. We show recommendations and how iTunes U works.
Knowledge podcasts, learning apps or clever iBooks are no longer insider tips and are very popular. With iTunes, Apple also offers a direct line to many German universities and their content: iTunes U. You can download entire series of lectures here. Free of charge and without having to register for a course. The platform for universities has been online in Germany for around three years.
So far, 18 German universities and technical colleges are represented there, plus a few more from Austria and Switzerland. We will show you the most exciting content and take a look behind this service using the example of a German university.
Behind the scenes at iTunes U
Although there are no standardized forms and formats in this area of the iTunes Store, there are still many educational materials. There are lectures as video or audio, in some cases even supporting material for download. Some faculties have their own formats and report on interesting topics and research in magazine style.
Content on iTunes U is as easy to use as podcasts. This is also the reason why the Munich Ludwig Maximilians University (LMU) relies on iTunes: "In contrast to other providers, the content made available on iTunes U can be easily downloaded and subscribed to on any computer or on portable audio and video devices ", reports Kathrin Bilgeri, press spokeswoman and co-responsible for the" Virtual University "at LMU.
In 2009, Munich University was one of the first universities to be invited by Apple to the pilot program for the European edition of iTunes U. Since then, the university has, according to its own account, collected over twelve million views via iTunes - a significant proportion of these comes from non-students, suspect those responsible. All universities can now apply using a form on Apple's website.
Who is producing these digital lectures for the web? At the LMU, these media are mostly created in the respective departments, so there are no fixed specifications for content in iTunes U. The multimedia team at the "Virtual University" supports the lecturers with advice and technology, and there are often student assistants behind the camera.
The respective seminar leaders decide whether a lecture should be digitized, explains Kathrin Bilgeri: "More and more lecturers are using digitized teaching and learning content as an integral part of their overall educational concept and are increasingly using the podcast portal on iTunes U to make these materials available. "
If Apple were to launch a platform for digital textbooks or the like, Munich University would also be open to it: "We are fundamentally open to technical aids that have didactic added value and support the lecturers in their projects - regardless of brand or provider. "
- Who eats whale meat
- How can I see trending Quora answers
- Where should I eat in Nashville
- Who is your favorite French artist?
- Do you ever feel lonely intellectually?
- What does GLAAD stand for
- Are AC hostels available in SASTRA
- What is the use of virtual assistant
- How can I stay calm while drawing
- What is music and digital marketing
- What are some cool Charlie Chaplin pics
- What was the use of daemonization
- Who are the experts for chargebacks
- Helps Amla Juice in Acid Cure
- What is the best place for woodworking
- I have a band name. What now
- Why did you leave console games
- Which cricketer has the most inspiring story
- Psychedelic rock band Hunger
- Performs Toppr JEE MAINS test series
- How does Micromax recruit
- A parallelogram has 4 equal sides
- MCAT exams are difficult for Indian students
- Should I replace thermal paste