Why are we on earth 3
German Earth Overload Day : If everyone lived like the Germans, we would need three earths
Germany used up its naturally available resources for 2018 on Wednesday. This was the result of calculations by the research organization Global Footprint.
The people in Germany then lived for the rest of the year at the expense of future generations and the people in the south, said the environmental and development organization Germanwatch. The fact that Germany will reach this point in time about a week later than last year is due to weather-related emission fluctuations, said Germanwatch with reference to Global Footprint.
If everyone around the world lived and worked the way they do in Germany, then the world's population would need three earths. The ecological footprint of people and the economy should be reduced. In a global comparison, Germany is in the top quarter of all countries. The global earth overload day is expected in August.
"The new federal government must think climate and agricultural policy together"
So far there is no trend reversal in sight in the far too high consumption of resources, said Julia Otten from Germanwatch: "The day shows that we have to quickly reduce our CO2 emissions, which have not fallen in Germany since 2009." Especially with emissions There is an urgent need for action from the energy supply and transport. But the land required for meat production and the overloading of the soil with fertilizers are also overwhelming the planet. "The new federal government must think climate and agricultural policy together," demanded Lena Michelsen from the Inkota development network in the joint communication.
For Mathis Wackernagel from Global Footprint it is therefore significant that there is no suitable term in German, Italian or French for this “overshot”, this overload of the planet. This is comparable to a disease for which the doctor has no name and only vague therapy.
World congestion day is calculated using the so-called ecological footprint. On the one hand, according to the information, there is the earth's biological capacity to build up resources - such as forests, meadows and bodies of water - and to absorb waste, such as CO2 emissions. On the other hand, the total human requirement for natural resources such as forests, arable land and land is added up. (dpa)
- Which country practices totalitarianism
- What was the crisis in Germany
- Where should I do my PhD abroad?
- Which industries are best at Coimbatore
- Why can transformers convert direct current
- Is epidemiology a true science
- Why did the dragons die
- How do LinkedIn automation tools work
- Should I leave university to travel?
- Is the JEE Main 2018 canceled
- Is Mahabharat real Can you prove it
- What is the worst known decision in history?
- Is the earth an example of constant movement?
- Do you like doing paid surveys?
- Which material could block outside noise?
- Which European art museums are worth the most
- Slang What does bitch meme mean
- How do I manipulate the Quora algorithm
- Indian hotels are better than USA hotels
- Deleted as a question no_redirect = 1
- Who are the coolest DC comic book villains
- What can be mastered in 3 years
- Is this paragraph spelled correctly in English?
- Our pets think we are gods
- Why is DACA not allowed to travel?
- Where can I find RH-negative groups
- Is the value of the euro right?
- What is embedded testing like as a career
- How can you learn pole dance
- What is the name of a male fish
- Asbestos can cause kidney cancer
- Are online degree programs really helpful?
- How do the cells stay alive
- Is Turin a modern city