How do you make marble slabs shine
Sand the marble floor wet or dry
Dry and wet grinding
Sanding a marble floor can be done dry or wet. More frequent breaks are required when dry grinding to allow the marble to cool down. The enormous amount of sanding dust should be reduced with a vacuum cleaner.
During wet grinding, water is constantly fed to the grinding machine and the marble floor. This cools the grinding points and at the same time binds the loose stone dust. The water can be supplied by hand or is carried out automatically by a wet grinding machine.
Skilfully sand the marble floor
- Grit 200, 400 and 800 abrasives
- Floor grinder
- Corner sanding machine
- Possibly vacuum cleaner
- Breathing mask
- Eye protection
- ear protection
- Torch or mobile table lamp
1. Determine the abrasive
The duller the marble floor or the more stains it has, the coarser the grain size of the first abrasive must be. For normally used marble floors, 400 grit is usually the right choice.
2. Trial cut
Set the floor grinder with the abrasive clamped in, while it is switched on, on a less visible part of the marble floor. Make a few spinning movements and check the result. If necessary, change the grain size of the abrasive.
3. Prepare and start
Start the grinding machine and do not put the abrasives on the marble floor until they are fully rotated. Keep moving the machine and tip the abrasives up when you stop.
4. Do not let it run forwards or behind
When sanding, make sure that the abrasives in the machine do not reach the marble floor before they have reached the end of rotation or before the machine is switched off.
5. Clean the surface
After each sanding process, remove the sanding dust with a damp cloth or mop.
6. Check the grinding marks
Illuminate the marble floor with the flat beam of light from a flashlight or table lamp. Slowly turn the direction of light through 360 degrees and watch out for shadows or grooves. Make a note of the pronounced sanding marks.
7. Next rounds
Sand with finer and finer grits and pay attention to the sanding marks you noticed when checking the light. Work this out carefully.
- Who won the Trump against Comey Superbowl
- People celebrate Christmas earlier each year
- Why can't sound travel through photons
- Has your child ever had whooping cough
- What are common urological procedures
- What is Old Bay Seasoning used for?
- In America what words stand for AARP
- Do you have a computer
- How does the CNN LSTM model work
- What are the best combinations of active ingredients
- Why don't Uber drivers turn into taxi drivers
- What is piska in Russian
- What does the Punjabi word veere mean
- Has Nicky Parsons died
- How is the plural formed in Lao
- Are you always handcuffed in court
- How do I get a free VPN
- Which receptor recognizes light pressure
- How to make a lemon granita
- Why don't rugby goals have a net?
- Where to learn astrology through correspondence
- Is the splash drinkable by women
- Which Japanese recipes contain sweet potatoes?
- Is drone technology part of it?