Can employers fire students in France?
Open-ended full-time contract - CDI(Contrat à durée indéterminée): This contract has no time limit. The trial period is usually 3 months. Although a CDI can be terminated by both sides, this is very difficult for the employer due to a large number of labor market regulations.
Fixed-term full-time contract - CDD (Contrat à durée déterminée): This type of full-time contract is limited to a certain length from the outset. Although no minimum contract length is prescribed for the CDD, 9 months are often agreed. After this period, the contract can be extended, but only for the same period as the original contract. After 18 months, the contract must be converted into a CDI or the employee must be terminated. It is estimated that 70% of all new employment contracts are now drawn up as CDDs in order to circumvent the extensive dismissal regulations.
Temporary employment contract (Contrat temporaire): The terms of the contract are de facto the same as for a CDD. In contrast to the CDD, however, an employment agency is involved as the third contractual partner. After the contract period, the company can also employ you directly, but then usually has to pay a fee to the agency. By law, fixed-term employment contracts are only permitted for short-term tasks ( mission) are awarded.
Part-time contract (Contrat de travail à temps partiel): All positions that comprise less than 80% of the weekly full-time working hours are considered part-time positions. Although there is no minimum number of hours required in the private sector, you will only receive social security benefits if you exceed 60 hours per month. Public-sector part-time positions must cover 50-80% of the hours of a normal position.
Seasonal contract(Le travail intermittent): This type of contract is mainly used for seasonal work, e.g. for grape harvest or in the tourism industry.
Change / adaptation of employment contracts
Your employer can suggest a change to your employment contract, e.g. with regard to your place of work, your working hours or your salary.
If the change is made for economic reasons (i.e. due to economic changes in the market environment or technological changes), your employer must inform you of this by registered mail (lettre recommandée avec accusé de reception).
After receiving this letter, you have one month to object to the change, otherwise it will be deemed accepted. If you reject the change, your employer can take the next steps - either offer you a compromise or fire you.
A reduction in working hours due to a collective agreement does not automatically apply to your individual contract. If you refuse this reduction and you are dismissed, this dismissal counts as an individual dismissal without economic reasons.
By Just Landed
Other recommended articles
Did this article help you?
do you have feedback, an update or a question about this topic? Comment here:
- Substance abuse is genetic
- How does chinchilla taste
- Is anarchism plausible
- Is homosexuality unhealthy
- Can a urine toxicology test be beaten
- Why did Netflix cancel Good Omens
- Why does change cause a stress response
- Are medical students attractive
- Is it hard not to love someone
- Can OCD mentally destroy people
- When dogs are happy, they smile
- When is BTS coming to Laredo, Texas
- Can circle around Vietnam and invade Thailand
- Masterbute is harmful to health
- What are Allen Kota Faculties
- Can be 0 0 1
- Is a sensor input or output
- Where does the economy come from
- Why shouldn't cryonics work
- How do I manipulate the Quora algorithm
- Why are transition metals called transition metals
- Why sweep during meditation
- How does the integration affect variable units
- Means similarity symmetrical similarity
- What is a list of homemade firearms
- How does ricin taste
- What prevents a bad investment
- How important is clothing to us
- How can I get free altcoins
- Made Sachin Tendulkar's career
- Why does WorkFlowy not let me give feedback
- How did Swami Vivekananda come to spiritual awakening?
- TikTok is like Instagram for videos
- What is the chemical formula of water?