How can I contribute to gender equality
Gender equality and economic self-determination for women
From word to action
In 2016, we adopted the EIB Group's first strategy on gender equality and the economic empowerment of women because we want to drive gender equality forward. The gender action plan for the implementation of our strategy followed in January 2018.
The gender action plan first creates the basis for anchoring shared responsibility for the gender strategy in the EIB Group and for initiating change.
The plan extends to projects around the globe and is long-term. At the same time, it leaves room to set further milestones along the way, if the strategy suggests this. Projects outside the EU will start.
In the first phase, the EIB plan sets the following priorities within the three areas of action of the strategy in order to anchor the latter institutionally:
- Protect: To enable EIB clients and experts to assess, prevent or mitigate the effects and risks of EIB investments for girls and women, an appropriate audit framework will be developed.
- Make an impact: When the EIB Group provides loans, gender considerations should be given greater consideration than before. The gender analysis helps in deciding on projects and design features that promote equal access to products, services and employment.
- Invest: We set regional priorities and look for suitable tools and new business opportunities to contribute to women's economic self-determination.
After the gender action plan was adopted in January 2018, the first phase of its implementation began. The second phase is to follow in 2020–2021.
The exchange with civil society and partners in the industry has helped us a lot in drawing up the strategy and the action plan in recent years. We would like to continue this cooperation.
At the Finance in Common Summit, the EIB, along with 24 other public development banks, committed to investing more and more accurately in gender equality. In their joint declaration, the banks involved recognize that they have an important role to play with regard to the UN development goal of gender equality. At the same time, they voluntarily undertake to:
- promote gender equality more strongly at the institutional level
- allocate more resources to investing in equality and increase accountability
- Contribute to climate action that takes gender equality into account
- promote dialogue with civil society
- Do German laptops work properly in India?
- Which grocery stores have free shipping
- How to make a jam set
- Where can you find the Thai President
- VC means giving free money to people
- How does muesli taste with grape nuts?
- Is anyone else interested in the Oscars?
- What are cluster systems
- What does staccato mean when playing the violin?
- Which hairstyle should I get
- What is neogas
- When did people invent clothing?
- Who invented glasses and how
- What transfers heat in materials
- Why is free energy bad
- What is the hottest anime
- When is it okay to sin?
- What is the pointer in C.
- Verizon 5G is coming predictions
- What is the Scoville Scale
- Why is the large intestine called the large intestine
- Democracy is relentless
- What's the worst skinny dipping experience
- How do we get started with Firebase
- How people accept homeopathy
- A compass magnetometer is required
- What is Tech City UK
- What happened to Plenti
- Is there a scope for solar vehicles
- What is the best HDR monitor
- What do you expect from AIIMS 2019
- What is your experience with RentRoomi
- Have you tried turmeric for your dog