What does Puerto Vallarta mean
At the end of the dream beaches of the Costalegre you reach Puerto Vallarta. Along with Acapulco and Cancún, the city is one of the most famous seaside resorts in Mexico and is most frequented after Acapulco. Puerto Vallarta is located on Mexico's largest bay, the Bahía de Banderas, surrounded by tropical jungle vegetation and the rugged foothills of the Sierra Madre.
The development of a sleepy fishing village into an attractive holiday resort
The previously sleepy fishing village became famous through the shooting of the film "The Night of the Iguana" (The Night of the Iguana), as well as the associated visits of several well-known US actors, such as Richard and Elisabeth Taylor Burton, Marlon Brando and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Now the city is a rapidly growing holiday resort, which has so far been able to retain the charm of old Mexico. Cobbled streets, Spanish colonial style and Art in all possible forms give the city its special atmosphere. Popular areas to wander around are the Malecón (promenade) With numerous bistros, Restaurants, Cafes, as Art sculptures, which became the symbol of the city, but also the Isla Río Cuale, also with restaurants, bars and small shops, in the middle of a deciduous forest. They are also particularly popular Street stalls.
Attractions in Puerto Vallarta
However, the main attraction is still the various beautiful beachesthat stretch along the bay. There is also a wide range of activities on offer here: excellent Golf courses, Parachute paragliding, Diving, Windsurfing, Water-skiing, fishing, Snorkeling at for example Boat trips in the bay as Bird, whale or sea turtle watching.
In Marina Vallarta are the Top class hotels, a Yacht club, a Water amusement park, a Golf course and a port.
Nueva Vallarta also owns Luxury hotels, Golf courses and one Marina, but is particularly attractive thanks to its small canals and the ability to swim with dolphins.
Numerous Mexican fiestas take place in the region every year. There are also Film and gourmet festivals and charreadas (Mexican equestrian games) you can also attend.
Experience Mexico's culture up close on the most beautiful Mexico tours, recommended by our travel experts.
- May cure physical conditions placebos
- How are CPUs programmed
- How are fiction and science fiction connected?
- What is measured by atmospheric pressure
- Is it possible to strangle a snake?
- What is rural depopulation
- Elijah divided the Jordan
- What berries are in triple berries
- Can whey protein be a meal replacement
- The earth has a top and a bottom
- What is the best time to eat
- What is the difference between POE and BTC
- How do I organize a marketing club
- Did Walt Disney live in a house
- How was a Kubota tractor
- Can I sell my voice legally?
- How do elementary particles work
- Requires Shop Act to sell online
- Disney is the richest company
- Tear off the fully comprehensive insurance
- Smoking gorillas in grass
- What is the significance of PCA
- What is another word for newspaper
- How should I download Adult D8 videos