Why is ceramics important
5.3 Mechanical properties
The density ? [g / cm³] of technical ceramics is 20 to 70% of the density of steel. This gives opportunities to reduce the mass, which z. B. is advantageous for moving parts in mechanical engineering.
The relative density d [%] has a significant influence on the properties of the ceramics. Therefore it can z. B. for mechanical applications it is important to achieve a density close to the respective theoretical density without density gradients in order to achieve the best possible mechanical properties.
In contrast, low relative densities based on uniform porosity, e.g. B. have a positive effect on the thermal shock resistance.
Test methods for determining density and porosity are specified in DIN EN 1 389, DIN EN 623-2 and DIN EN 60 672-2.
Image: 81 Orientation fields for flexural strength and density of selected materials
- What is your opinion on crusades
- Where do gharials and crocodiles live
- How many types of shoes are there
- Coffee is the root of all evil
- What is a lossless dielectric
- Can aspirin lower platelet counts
- When did public opinion turn against colonialism?
- What is a Navajo Code Speaker
- What is the point of cancer cells
- Which Linux distribution administrator earns the most
- What makes Aspen such an expensive place
- Why do we need reusable missiles
- How important is SEO in PPC advertising
- Has the Coursera certificate helped you everywhere
- Is Dubai or Abu Dhabi bigger
- What is the study of human memory
- Where do I buy blog site content
- Quora is crowdsourced psychotherapy
- What is God Does God create religion
- Where are all the wiccans
- What is a good testosterone supplement
- How can I pay for TDS
- Why do the British love Christmas specialties
- Which cities are most suitable for retirement
- What is a big data architect
- How do I become an environmentalist
- What is the best accelerator in Sweden
- Amblyopia means stereo blindness
- Why has my homepage changed
- What are the most common hashtags on Twitter
- What is Chuck Norris famous for
- How can I get into internal auditing?
- Income inequality is a social problem
- Are we what we read 2