Why is a pig forbidden in Judaism
Where does the pork ban come from?
First evidence in Palestine from the post-exilic period
The first written evidence comes from the post-exilic period, i.e. the 5th, 4th or 3rd century. Such bans also have cultural and historical roots. So there are z. For example, there is no ban on eating snake meat, and yet nobody eats this meat.
Through archeology, we can tell that there were different practices regarding the pork ban. We found pig bones in almost all of the localities. Interesting: In the Philistine area - the Philistines immigrated from the Mediterranean area - we have a relatively high percentage of pork bones, while in many places in the area that later became Israel, we already have a very small number in the 12th and 11th centuries to have pork bones; it is around one to two percent.
The root of the ban: pigs as a food competitor
For one thing, it was just about taste. In addition, it is certain that the pig is a food competitor for humans. So it's not about purity, but simply about food competition. In a country where it is difficult to keep afloat by farming, pigs are a great danger because they could devastate the fields. Therefore, they wanted to have as few pigs as possible. There were wild boars, especially in the Jordan Trench, which caused a lot of damage. The desire to contain this risk is arguably the historical root of the pork ban.
- How do fans work without blades?
- What is a non-language project
- How is an MLB contract for millionaires structured
- Are Americans really friends of the British?
- Will Legalzooms shares go public? Why?
- When was the last commercial sailing ship
- What does AIDS do
- How do I get optimal WiFi
- What is jaundice
- Sony stopped selling phones in India
- What are perfect songs for a band
- How to make money on Android
- People hesitate to tell the truth
- How is listening more important than speaking?
- What is the most volatile digital currency
- Why do little children see creepy beings
- Which technology stack does Qwiki
- Why is the bond usually rejected
- Does it bother you to have debts?
- Do people with NPD believe in karma
- What screams I'm unhappy
- Have natural herbs helped you
- Do you strive to shine in life?