Why do flat earth dwellers support the theory
Backyard experiments to falsify the Flat Earth theory [duplicate]
You need three flat earth theorists on different continents (or otherwise well separated from each other), all of whom take part in a (video) conference call and have the azimuth and elevation angles of the sun measured at the same time. The angles they reported do not coincide with their positions on a flat plate arranged as in the map in the question.
This is a more modern way of doing Eratosthenes' experiment. Here we need three observation points to rule out a possible objection by the conspiracy theorists: The sun is actually not that far away. (Eratosthenes took advantage of the fact that the sun's rays are all parallel - I don't give that much credit to the flat earth dwellers).
This is easy to spell out if you choose the times / places so that
1) For a person the sun is right over the head,
2) Another person is due north of person 1.
3) Another person is due east (on the same latitiude line) as person 1.
If you assume that the sun is in a location consistent with observations (1) and (2), then because of the geographic location in the original question, the person (3) will not only be able to see the sun in the west.
- Who Killed the Cyclops in Greek Mythology
- Will the prostate biopsy spread cancer
- Is the JEE Main 2018 canceled
- How do I find a bus pass
- What is cyclone circulation
- Why do rich people need security guards
- What if you cough up and sneeze blood
- Why is impressionism interesting
- How do AAA titles deal with the network
- What software career is 2017 good
- Will cryptocurrencies largely replace US dollars
- How important is social learning
- Can a car lease be refinanced
- What is your best habit
- Who is more relaxed Shikamaru or Aokiji
- What went wrong with Stuart Broad's eyelash
- What is the conceptual framework in photography
- How do black and white bread differ?
- How police arrest people on motorcycles
- Is God's opinion the right one
- What does Mount Everest look like
- How are involuntary reactions triggered?
- How can I do an interview with Delhi Universitys
- What can we learn from NASA astronauts