How to convert ethane to ethene
Bromine water is an aqueous solution of bromine in water.
Since bromine is only sparingly soluble in water, a brown-colored, dilute bromine solution is created.
Bromine water is used in the laboratory for the rapid detection of C = C double bonds in organic compounds such as alkenes. If an organic compound is introduced as a gas (e.g. ethene) into bromine water or shaken as a liquid with bromine water, whereby the solution becomes colorless, the sample substance contains at least one C = C double bond. This evidence is based on an electrophilic addition. The bromide ions, which are positively and negatively charged as a result of polarization and heterolytic cleavage, form bonds with the p electrons that were previously involved in the double bond.
- Bromine adds to ethene. 1,2-Dibromoethane is formed.
The reaction of bromine water with an alkane takes place only with a catalyst and / or under high-energy light. The bromine water is also decolorized, but HBr is also formed, since the reaction mechanism is now a radical substitution. It is very easy to differentiate between alkanes and alkenes.
- Substitution reaction of ethane and bromine. Bromethane and hydrogen bromide are formed.
The escaping bromine fumes are very poisonous. They must not be inhaled as the bromine fumes corrode the alveoli and the airways.
- For details see article Brom
Category: Chemical Solution
- What are the craziest weapons ever made
- Mechanics Physics Is movement periodic
- What are the seven psalms of repentance
- What makes Aspen such an expensive place
- What are the best detective video games
- What is your opinion on demonic possession
- Are the Winnie Pooh 50p coins real?
- Do people care what we look like?
- How do I react to humiliation
- Why are most people afraid of coding?
- Why are pine needles green 1
- Are you always handcuffed in court
- How do I use the day efficiently
- Can I take levothyroxine and gabapentin together?
- What are some good technical films
- How do non-programmers start apps
- What is the purpose of oiling leather
- What is profile leveling
- How do people discover your chatbot
- Hollywood makeup artists are paid well
- I lost her forever
- How do you teach good parenting skills
- Apple takes a percentage of IAP
- Which industries are best at Coimbatore
- How did Voldemort fly
- How can I learn robots
- Do dogs really choose their owners
- How can yoga keep your heart healthy
- What are the worst things about Kyoto
- What is dry fasting in Islam
- Why are my Google indexed pages being deleted
- What are current examples of steganography