Think change is beneficial
Change managementChange employee behavior and dissolve resistance
If executives, organizational developers or change managers want to break up and change the basic thought and behavior patterns of employees and thus gradually establish a different behavior, then they should go through a process with which the employees' attention is drawn. The individual steps of the process:
1. Make the need for change clear
Managers who want to initiate and drive change have to explain why the old routines are no longer suitable. A vision of what is better gives employees orientation and makes it easier for them to let go of the old and turn to the new. You understand the point of change. At the same time, the behavior of the managers must already be geared towards this new and consistent with the new goals.
2. Affect changes
Employees should recognize that the new behavior is positive because it is beneficial or does something good. For this purpose, changes that are strongly linked to the feelings and instincts of the employees are linked with factual, sober information. Example: Numbers, data and facts that show how customer satisfaction increases when department A is merged with department B reduce employees' fears of their new colleagues. In the same way, success stories can help employees lose their fears. Managers can say: “Remember this project. At that time we pulled together across departments. In the end we successfully ... "
3. Make you think about what should be in the future
Managers should encourage employees to think about the future. What should be done so that their framework conditions improve or work becomes easier? A comparison between the current state and a better target state makes it easier for employees to let go of the existing. Reflection and matter-of-fact, sober thinking act on the brain like a placebo. They reduce suffering when cherished routines are to be broken. It becomes apparent which first step is the right one.
4. Implement behavioral changes
Only when it is clear where the journey is going can the behavior of all employees change accordingly. The new processes are defined, tasks are assigned and it is clear to everyone which behaviors are appropriate. The attention of all employees is directed to the new structures. Training measures, training courses and help from superiors support this step.
5. Repeat behavior changes over and over again
The new behavior can only replace the old one in the subconscious if it is repeated often enough. That means: Managers have to repeatedly show their employees what the new, desired behavior looks like. In doing so, they must not fall back into the old structures themselves. Executives are role models and the employees closely monitor whether the boss's behavior matches what the company is promoting as change. This applies to the management.
6. Check the consolidation of the new behavior in everyday life
The desired goal is only achieved when a sufficient number of employees have accepted the new behavior as the better and natural one and anchored it in their subconscious. The typical reflex “we've always done it this way” has disappeared. Now the employees say: "We used to do it this way, but now we do it better."
- All plants produce seeds
- Have you ever had a croque monsieur
- What is a bottleneck
- How are Instagram views counted
- Landscaping increases the value of the house
- Why is K-pop culture so influential
- Where are Nike products made
- Which popular physics theory is widely misunderstood
- Is Magento GDPR compliant today
- Why do people fail at poker games
- What is X Y Z 1
- What does meaningful
- Is backlink indexing important or not
- Do you like Arjuna Mahabharat
- How do I stop liking someone
- What is the chemical composition of camphor
- What habits make a person unique
- How was the Plex Media Server created
- Who is Kenny Chesney
- Why don't people like money
- Can i get married if i'm divorced
- Where is the CPH4
- How long should a stand-up meeting last
- What is the noun for criticism?
- Must be shiny tuxedo shoes
- Visit Google RVCE
- Do you know a reliable iCloud remover
- Information overload can fry your brain
- What is the qualification of righteousness
- What is your favorite football movie
- How can I start talking to you
- Graduation is very mandatory to join Nearbuy
- What is craftsmanship
- How can I learn ninjutsu by myself