Why is the government monitoring the US
USA: Donald Trump's administration has apparently monitored journalists' phones
Were US journalists spied on by ex-President Trump? According to a media report, his government is said to have checked personal and professional phone data. Criticism is loud.
The administration of ex-US President Donald Trump secretly monitored journalists' phones four years ago, according to the Washington Post. As the newspaper reported on Friday, the two reporters Ellen Nakashima and Greg Miller as well as their former colleague Adam Entous were informed that the US Department of Justice had personal and professional telephone and cellular data from April to July 2017.
"We are deeply concerned about this use of governance to gain access to communications from journalists," said Senior Editor Cameron Barr. The US Department of Justice must immediately give the reasons for "this intrusion" into the work of journalists. This is under the protection of the first amendment to the US Constitution, which guarantees freedom of the press.
"Endangers the freedom of the press"
The civil rights organization ACLU accused the ministry of "spying on" the reporters. "That should never have happened," wrote ACLU in the online service Twitter. "When a government spies on journalists and their sources, it is jeopardizing the freedom of the press." The Justice Department letters did not inform reporters why their phones were tapped.
During the period from which the recordings originate, the three reporters wrote an article about a meeting of Trump advisor and later US Attorney General Jeff Sessions with the Russian ambassador before the 2016 presidential election. They also reported on attempts by then-President Barack Obama's administration to stop Russian campaign interference.
According to estimates by the US secret services, Russia interfered heavily in the presidential election campaign in the US in 2016 - above all through hacker attacks and the dissemination of manipulative messages in online networks. The Russian interventions were directed against Trump's rival Hillary Clinton in particular.
- Is the 44x56 poster large
- How far are solar panels spread
- What is banking regulation
- NASA spends its money wisely
- Can hear buffalo
- What is umami
- Do you believe in soul development?
- How to build chords by ear
- How can we avoid sharks in Hawaii
- What signs of the zodiac are attracted to Virgo
- What are some great earbuds
- What is the destination of india
- Why can we still find dinosaur bones
- I'm smart what should i do
- What are VHDL operators
- What do the military think of Batman?
- Why are amphibians and reptiles called herps
- How does spectroscopy capture an electromagnetic spectrum
- Which is your deepest secret
- How is a bank deposit secured?
- Is written Telugu Bigg Boss
- How do I use Surveymonkey com
- What is acid hydrolysis
- What is the pH of 1 M ammonia