What names mean lightning in a language
The most beautiful Celtic boy names
Although we don't hear them every day, some of the Celtic boy names sound very familiar to our ears. They are known from mythologies and legends such as that of Tristan & Isolde or that of King Arthur and his round table. This is where the name of the magician Merlin comes from, for example.
Celtic languages are still spoken today in Ireland (Irish), Wales (Welsh), Scotland (Scottish Gaelic) and Brittany (Breton). With the exception of Welsh, all Celtic languages are classified as endangered languages by UNESCO. There are even efforts to revive extinct Celtic languages such as Manx, which was spoken on the Isle of Man. So if you give your baby a Celtic first name, you might even be contributing a tiny bit to the preservation of these cultures.
Check out the list below for the most beautiful Celtic boy names with meanings:
Where do Celtic first names come from?
In England, Ireland and France names of Celtic origin are not uncommon. Most of the speakers of a Celtic language are in Wales. Welsh and Breton, spoken in French Brittany, are both British languages. Therefore there is also a lot of overlap in the first names.
Irish and Scottish belong to the Goidelic languages. Both are more like second languages that are mastered in addition to the mother tongue. Since the Irish and Scots are tradition-conscious and patriotic people, fortunately they like to use names from their centuries-old history for the names of their children. This of course also includes the names from Celtic mythology.
Will your baby have a Celtic boy name? Let us know in the comments!
Would you like to receive more parental allowance?
The experts at Elterngeld.de will help you to get more parental allowance with the “Elterngeld Trickkiste”. Either learn it yourself in the Elterngeld online course or get advice from the Elterngeld experts. Benefit from the knowledge from over 4,000 parental allowance advisory services!
About the author: As the mother of a lively toddler, Sibylle loves to write passionately about all the questions that she encounters in her sometimes chaotic, sometimes harmonious and always exciting everyday family life. When she's not working on an item, she's probably thinking about her other passions: cake and her roller skates.
- This is how you increase the commitment and work ethic of your employees
- What are some Italian sausages without fennel
- How do I use the keyboard
- Why is Google Ads so popular
- Is Sanju Samson the successor to Dhoni
- How do I sell IOTAs
- Can a doctor buy a Rolls Royce
- IMPDP will create a schema in Oracle
- What are Latin American music classics
- What is a good cheap VPN router
- When was the last time your partner looked gorgeous?
- Why did Gmail switch to HTML
- How luxurious was the Orient Express
- Black nightshade is poisonous
- Intermittent fasting causes weakness
- Is Brahma a Swayambhu
- Stonehenge is wrong
- Is it a learned behavior to be loving?
- Which is the best Indian skin care brand
- How do you say gyro
- Is a sensor input or output
- What do you expect from your followers
- What are the positive consequences in technology
- What is Warren Buffett's preferred investment strategy