Wave in men's hairstyle
Men are now wearing perm again - and it looks so much better than it was in the 80s!
July 7th, 2020 - 3:11 pm
The comeback of the men's perm
Perms for men are back! More and more men are posting on Tik-Tok and Instagram under the hashtag #permchallenge (in German: Perm Challenge) or #manperm (Men's Perm) how they transform their straight hair into gently styled curls. And on the red carpet, too, the hairstyle that was once disreputable on men's heads is back in fashion - as "Call Me by Your Name" star Timothée Chalamet proves. And that's not surprising! Because the look, which experienced its last high phase in the 70s and 80s and has since been smiled at as old-fashioned, now looks much fresher and more natural again.
Men's perm: these looks are all the rage in 2020
Gone are the days of men's perms that looked more like a poodle hairstyle. Instead of tiny little curls, men's hair is now styled with larger, softer curls. And in a wide variety of designs. In addition to the complete curly head, haircuts with shaved off sides are also very popular. Also popular: the pony perm. The hair on the side remains rather short, but can fall gently over the forehead at the front.
+++ hot or flop? Men are wearing chains around their necks again. +++
Permanent wave trend 2020: This is how men's curls are now styled
And something else has changed: the new perm is less permanent. Because so that the wave can really become a PERMANENT wave, chemical waving agents are necessary, which can change the hair structure - and thereby damage it. Instead of a chemical club, the modern curly head is now simply blown into shape. To do this, papilots are wrapped in wet hair and then blow-dried. The practical thing about it: You can style the new trendy hairstyle at home - without special hairdressing equipment.
So that the look looks as natural as possible, it is no longer cemented in with tons of hair gel, but only gets a light finish with a touch of hairspray or mousse. So the curls stay nice and flexible and retain a subtle, healthy shine.
+++ The right styling tool for voluminous hair: What can crepe irons, volume powder and Co. do? We tested it! +++
Video tutorial: This is how a men's haircut can also be achieved at home
- What cold water fish grow in aquaponic
- How can I properly replace fluorescent lamps
- Do medical students need a good laptop
- There are more fake people these days
- Is the church mandatory
- Who maintains the Quora article on Wikipedia
- Do people have libertarian free will?
- How do I write a CAS reflection
- Starts iOS VoLTE calls
- How data-driven is Apple
- What is Hookes Law 2
- Is Theresa May worse than David Cameron
- Discard narcissists forever
- How does laziness affect my studies?
- What do Marvel fans think of Ultron
- What is The Scripts' most passionate song
- What are good bear puns
- What was Tove Jansson's inspiration for Moomins
- 3 years is quite valuable
- Which is better dental or medical
- America is dangerously divided politically
- Where does the word jitterbug come from
- Can a mortgage go up
- What does the average speed tell us