Are laptop coolers really necessary
How well does a laptop cooler work? We ordered one to find out
We have an hour for the test Witcher 3 run with the energy saving plan "maximum performance", first without the cooler and then after 30 minutes of waiting again with the cooler. The results of our measurements were as follows:
|Average CPU temperature (C)||Average GPU temperature (C)||Hotspot on the surface (C)||Fan volume (dB (A))|
|Witcher 3 without laptop cooler||92||76||44||53.9|
|Witcher 3 with laptop cooler||80||70||40||59.2|
As you can see, the CPU and GPU temperatures dropped by 12 and 6 ° C and the keyboard surface temperature was also slightly lower in the second run. In view of the fact that the laptop does not have to be dismantled or the guarantee has to be sacrificed by replacing the thermal paste, the results are not bad.
The disadvantage is the clear increase in volume, from 53.9 dB (A) to almost 60 dB (A). On the positive side, however, it should be noted that the subjective increase in volume was not quite as pronounced as the figures suggest. Because the fans are much larger than normal laptop fans, the frequency of the resulting noise was considerably lower. Our microphone registered a strong increase in the spectrum of 150 Hz through the laptop cooler, whereas the fans of the MSI laptop themselves sounded in the range of 3 kHz.
In a nutshell, it can be said that a laptop cooler can be a worthwhile investment if you intend to play with the laptop or expose it to high processing loads for several hours. The results will of course be different from laptop to laptop, especially for devices with fewer and smaller fan grilles on the underside. The G14 and G15, for example, are notorious for their tiny fan grilles on the underside of the case.
- How much of the reality we can understand
- What data structure does an ATM use
- How is diabetes linked to anuria
- How do I create a Pinterest post
- Who sang the song Are you mine
- What is the time of Arunachal Pradesh
- Why is data science a buzzword
- How can I become an upstream author?
- Will schools ever be replaced
- Why do I keep having crazy dreams
- What are some characteristics of renewable raw materials
- What exactly is a spin
- What is sketch the software
- What is visual social media
- Is a 15 minute nap effective?
- What is your unpopular opinion on free time
- What are your tools in writing
- What kind of food do skunks eat
- Is Mahabharat real Can you prove it
- Bad memories can also be nostalgic
- Who is the patron saint of France
- What scroll was stolen from Naruto
- How do I say thank you in Tamil
- What is the cube root of 343
- How objective is science
- How to convert ethane to ethene
- Let the sparrows die out already
- What is durability test
- Why did Apple discontinue TOPSY
- Why should parents watch over their children?
- How object-oriented can C get
- Can I open a Fidelity account online?
- Why was the Potter house so modern