How many traditional kings are there in Nigeria
... means "under the rock", derived from Olumo Rock, the city's most famous landmark. Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State, is located on the Ogun River amid rugged, rocky hills and offers excellent photo opportunities. Home to adire clothing, Abeokuta has a fascinating array of markets that sell a wide range of exotic goods. Olumo Rock, sacred to the Egba people, is located on the east side of the Ogun River. Visitors should seek a guide at the Tourist Center at the bottom of the rock, where the caves can be explored as a sanctuary during the Yoruba Civil War. At the top of the rock, visitors can enjoy tremendous views of Abeokuta and the Ogun River.
... is steeped in history. World famous Benin bronze sculptures date back to the 15th century when the Oba of Benin ruled the great and powerful Edo kingdom, a time when bronze casting was an art that the Oba glorified. In 1897 a British expeditionary force looted Benin and brought many of the sculptures to London. Still, some good examples of the bronze artifacts remain in the Benin and Lagos museums. Today bronze casting is still continuing in several streets in the city including Igun and Oloton streets. Another attraction in Benin is Chief Ogiamen's House, a prime example of traditional Benin architecture that was built before 1897. The house miraculously survived the "great fire" of the period that destroyed most of the city.
... was until recently the largest indigenous African city. Located on the edge of a densely wooded forest belt, it was called Eba-Odan, which means a town on the edge of the forest. Today it is the capital and main business center of the Oyo State. Worth seeing is the Dugbe Market, a huge traditional market place, the Parliament building, the University of Ibadan, the Nigeria Premiere University, its teaching hospital and the Cocoa House. Ibadan is also close to the historic towns of Oyo, Ogbomosho, Ijebu-Ode, Ife, Ilesha and Oshogbo.
The old town of Ile-lfe, in the Osun state, is really unique. The Yorubas consider it the cradle of creation and civilization. Legend has it that it happened in Ife that Oduduwa, by Olodumare, the Yoruba creator god, the first land on the waters covered the earth, this is how Ife was created. His sons spread to other parts of Yoruba to create more kingdoms. Ile-lfe became a notable center for the arts, producing both terracotta figurines and bronze sculptures from the 12th to 15th centuries, second only in the fame of the Benin bronzes.
... on Lagos Island, has been settled since the 15th century when Yoruba groups used it as a refuge from external attacks. It was a trading post between the Benin Kingdom and the Portuguese until the arrival of British traders in the 19th century. Lagos is divided into several parts, each with its own distinctive character. The heart of the city is Lagos Island (Eko), with most of the Nigerian commercial and administrative headquarters. It is connected to the mainland by three road bridges, and by road to Ikoyi Island and Victoria Island. The latter are mostly residential areas with palace houses, extensive gardens and five-star hotels in beautiful locations. Tourist attractions in the city include the National Museum, the National Theater and miles of beaches. After all, Oba's Palace sits majestically on Lagos Island, parts of which are over 200 years old with a newly constructed extension.
... has many fascinating tourist attractions such as the Ikogosi Warm Spring, Idanre Hills, Ipolo-Iloro Waterfalls, Ebomi Lake and the Museum in Owo. The most popular are Ikogosi Warm Spring and the Idanre Hills. Ikogosi Warm Spring, located in a valley in Ikogosi Town, northeast of Akure, is ideal for camping or picnics. The Idanre Hills, with curious dome-shaped peaks, are located in Idanre, southwest of Akure. The hills have a socio-religious significance that has protected the residents from invaders in inter-ethnic wars in the distant past.
- The world needs electrical engineers
- How do I report SMS spam
- What is the weather like tomorrow
- What do Trump supporters think of Argentinos
- Everyone gets their due karma
- How can I hedge stocks
- How do platforms make money
- Why is Argentina so rich
- How long has the piano been around?
- How did restaurant reviews come about?
- How do I change scenes in SDL
- Where can I play volleyball in California
- Emoticons what does that mean
- What is a dynamic pension fund
- What are the best Android smartwatches
- Why is a pig forbidden in Judaism
- Which SMTP provider is worth it
- Where did snooker start to be played competitively?
- Where can I get free Mac games
- How much money is PewDiePie worth
- What should everyone know about Abraham Lincoln
- How do narcissists choose people
- What is your advice for daily life
- Is Adolf Hitler possessed by the devil
- Who Discovered Gravity 1
- Software developers can easily learn data literacy
- How can the rapture be misinterpreted?
- What is 35 grams of sugar
- What knowledge should people use to learn
- What is Common Kaya Kalpam Yoga
- What is Article 50 in the UK
- Which smartphone operating system suits you and why
- Is baking soda gluten free
- Sleep deprivation causes sudden death