Fruit causes nightmares
Fear and nightmares before childbirth
The new and the unknown are frightening
Every pregnant woman is afraid. How will the birth go? Will the baby be born healthy? Will i be a good mother Was it the right time to start a family? These fears are expressed in very drastic anxiety dreams, especially at night. In no case do not see these dreams as prophecy or bad omen. Just don't be intimidated by so-called old wives' tales that are tied up on your nose.
Processing takes place at night
But why do pregnant women dream so intensely? The explanation is simple: when you're expecting a child, mingledifferent feelings like joy, expectations and hopes with uncertainty, fear and doubt. You can suppress that well during the day. But at night these feelings come from theSubconscious high and the closer the birth comes, the more frequent, drastic and terrifying the dreams can become.
By going through fearful situations in our dreams, we subconsciously deal with them and prepare for new events. So it is not surprising that scientists have found indications that pregnant women who dream a lot have easier births than women who have not previously dealt with it so intensively in their subconscious.
Why you dream so intensely during pregnancy
Intense dreams are encouraged in the first trimester by the pregnancy hormone progesterone. It means that pregnant women are so often tired and therefore sleep more - and the more you sleep, the more you dream.
As the pregnancy progresses, pregnant women sleep very lightly. The growing belly does not allow a comfortable position and sleep is disturbed by bladder weakness, calf cramps and tingling hands with numbness.
What expectant mothers typically dream of
In order to remember a dream, you have to wake up shortly before the end of the REM phase, i.e. practically during the dream. And that is exactly what happens to pregnant women particularly often.
- in the first trimester of pregnancy Often ponds, watercourses, fish or tadpoles appear in a dream. Blooming gardens, lush fruit and lush flower meadows symbolize fertility and conception. Some women already dream that they will go to the hospital too late and miss their own birth.
- in the second trimester of pregnancy The fear often arises that as the belly grows, it will no longer be attractive. Erotic dreams in which other men play a role or the partner turns to another woman suggest this. A heavy weight shows the burden of unknown responsibility.
- in the third trimester of pregnancy many pregnant women wonder whether they will be a good mother. In a dream they drop their child, forget about it in front of the supermarket or let it starve to death. A common dream motif is a house, small animals that need to be looked after, an ex-boyfriend and their own mother. Many dreams are concerned with the appearance of the child, who then appears tiny and shriveled and often faceless in the dream. And dreams about traveling, packing suitcases and wandering through completely unknown places represent the fear of the unknown.
There is no point in suppressing the feelings and fear of waking up. Accept the dream experience, stay in bed a moment longer to pursue the dream, give it a good ending and maybe even write it down. A Dream diary you can even give it to your adult child at some point.
Share your fears
In the next step, try to talk about nightmares, this often takes the horror out of nocturnal images. Be sure to speak with your partner about it, maybe he's dreaming something similar. Fathers-to-be also have fears that arise from the subconscious. Together, the burden of responsibility is easier to bear.
Other good conversation partners are young motherswho still have fresh memories of the birth experience. Most of them are very happy to share their experiences, because they felt the same way before the birth as they do now. In an antenatal class with other pregnant women, it usually doesn't take long before it becomes apparent that everyone has their fears.
By trying to avoid unknown factors related to childbirth, anxiety can be reduced. For example, take a look at the delivery room and talk to the obstetric team.
Facts vs. fears
Only a small percentage of all babies are born with mostly minor defects that can be easily corrected. The number of really severely disabled children is only a tiny fraction of this, and problems often announce themselves during the regular check-ups during pregnancy. Most children are born completely healthy. A look into the playground of a completely normal, lively primary school puts all of this into perspective.
Of course, that doesn't calm you down enough. But remember: even the most detailed examinations before the birth will not be able to give you this certainty with absolute certainty!
Frequently asked questions on the topic
Many women who experienced a disappointing or even traumatic birth with their baby suppress the associated feelings. This usually goes on until everyday life with the child becomes a routine, phases of rest occur again and the negative feelings take place ...read full answer
No. It has become quite tight for your baby in the last few weeks, but it is still well padded in the amniotic fluid. Sudden movements hurt you or your overstretched muscles and ligaments, but not your baby. A premature resolution of the ...read full answer
Last update: 27-10-20, bra
- How do you feel in a green landscape
- There is both God and the Devil
- What are the best table leg guards
- What martial art would you start
- Is it true that superpowers will collapse at some point?
- Why do Starbucks baristas always misspell names?
- What should I see in Paris
- What is the use of land surveying
- What are SSD computers
- What are the best Android smartwatches
- How did folk rock start?
- What's the biggest reality TV scandal
- What are the characteristics of information technology
- How much demand is AutoCAD electric
- Who killed Leonard's wife in Memento 2000
- What is the speed of energy
- Is James Bond the greatest movie hero
- Is Facebook viewed as a company
- Why is the bond usually rejected
- Supports the Moto E Marshmallow
- Is the Yii framework good for e-commerce
- How do I clone a WordPress website
- How police arrest people on motorcycles
- What does thick blood mean
- Is it true that marriage kills love?
- Why do most Iraqis hate Americans
- How does Firebase help people build apps
- What are operating systems
- Where did the Basques come from?
- Requires the particle dimension to exist
- Why is India nudging China
- Can bedbugs transmit diseases
- How art affects people