Playing which instrument will help improve concentration
Study group blog
Learning to play a musical instrument - also good for learning at school? What music promotes in children!
I've always admired my best friend: when she was eight she had a guitar in her hand for the first time. And to be honest, since I've known her, I've hardly seen her without it. In every spare minute of our youth, she practiced covers of our favorite bands. For my 18th birthday she even dedicated a little song to me.
Today - almost 20 years later, she studies at a music college, has her own band and even regular small concerts in pubs. I try, of course, to be there every time they perform. And I'm not alone in that: your parents, those who got you excited about your very first instrument, are probably the only bigger fans than me.
This is probably the ideal case that many parents wish for their child when they introduce them to an instrument for the first time. But many stories look different: after a while children lose interest in a musical instrument, refuse to practice or are not even enthusiastic about it. I am the best example of this: I played drums for three years and then gave it up. And although I haven't become a rock star, neither my parents nor I regret having had this experience. Because: Learning a musical instrument has an extremely positive influence on the development of children on many levels. An overview of the different development phases shows how differently children learn in the individual phases.
Coordination, combination and concentration
Above all, the perception is trained by making music - combination and coordination are practiced. This happens because the eyes and hands have to be brought into harmony with one another. With some instruments even the eyes, hands and feet - as with me with my drums. Both halves of the brain then work together and are thus positively influenced. The effect is an increased ability to concentrate and memory training. Perception is also sharpened by the instrument because the hearing is trained in a very special way. Speech development and fine motor skills are supported, because making music requires a sense of rhythm and sound processing.
But learning to play a musical instrument has an additional effect on children: social skills are strengthened. Some people may now wonder what making music actually has to do with social skills. But that's very simple: Music connects! When children make music together in a group, they are part of a larger whole. You learn to adjust to each other. In addition, each individual must take responsibility for their own instrument. Mutual respect is conveyed and self-confidence is strengthened.
Lasting positive effects on the brain
So anyone who learns an instrument at a young age trains their memory, improves their social skills and increases their concentration. All of this also influences learning in school and can be enormously motivating. Still, after three years my parents had no chance to convince me to keep playing the drums. Because despite all the positive effects, making music should first and foremost be fun. You won't get any further at this point with pressure and coercion.
But here's the positive news: studies say that if you learn an instrument as a child, you will use it to train your brain for life. Because the brain functions are sustainably improved. So even if, like me, you don't feel like it anymore after a few years.
It is definitely worth introducing your child to an instrument. And now there are also many entry-level opportunities without immediately making a long-term commitment.
For my part, I in no way regret taking drum lessons, even if I haven't become a famous musician. On the contrary: I am still grateful to my parents for this, because it helped me find my best friend for life.
- How is text highlighted in a PDF file
- Where can I buy subway uniforms
- Why don't you have favorites
- What is 3 times 1 3
- Should Microsoft and Oracle merge
- Did Erdogan ever defend secularism?
- Can I take photos for a job
- How to use Snapchat Premium
- How do I start the GATE preparation 1
- How can I treat my autistic daughter
- What is Henry Kissinger famous for?
- What is the Russian word for to accompany
- What is your 2018 NATA Score
- What would happen if there were no telomeres?
- Are there parallel universes multiverse
- Did a black man invent the computer?
- What are the symptoms of chronic inflammation
- Is the so-called Judaism a false religion?
- How long is protein good for
- Is the story dead or alive?
- What is hiking
- Is impeachment a BS
- Why was the United Nations Security Council established?
- Is snorting water bad for your body?
- How does location tracking technology work
- Is racism a sin
- Are we made in God's image
- Which film industry represents India and how
- What do underwater installation engineers do
- What is emotional experience versus functional experience
- What are the advantages of the German military
- What is your favorite CRM software
- Why didn't Subaru start in India
- Which cooking oil is hotter?