Is an organic mattress better for your health?
Cold foam mattresses and synthetic latex
Cold foam in itself is a pure petroleum product. In the last few years it has been technically possible to replace a certain proportion of the mineral oil with natural oils, for example castor oil, during production.
2/3 polyols and 1/3 isocyanates are used in the production of cold foam (including polyurethane foam). To date, however, due to the still limited technical possibilities, a maximum of half of the polyols can be replaced by natural oils. For this reason, an organic cold foam mattress, depending on the manufacturing process, can contain a maximum of 30% natural oil. The majority of the mattress still consists of mineral oil, a clearly finite raw material.
From an ecological point of view, at least 30% will be replaced. An acceptable compromise. However, the impression must not be created that this is a quasi-purely natural product.
Even with the term “natural latex”, which is unfortunately not protected, misunderstandings can arise. Synthetic latex is produced like cold foam on the basis of crude oil. Even with a small amount of natural latex, a mattress made from the cheaper synthetic latex can be called a natural latex mattress. Only mattress cores with 100% natural latex have all the advantages of the natural product.
"Real" organic mattresses
Real organic mattresses are made from pure natural materials. Primarily made of natural latex, but also coconut fiber or horsehair.
Sheep's wool or cotton from controlled cultivation are more likely to be used for the covers. They are able to bind and isolate up to 0.75 liters of moisture that we evaporate while sleeping. By ventilating the next morning, the moisture is released back into the room air. An unbeatable ability of natural materials compared to synthetic quilting made of polyester and polyamide fibers.
- Which country name begins with bul
- Is there a common law marriage in Japan?
- Do LinkedIn recommendations work for technical recruitment
- What beauty surgeries does Medicaid cover
- Who was AA number 3
- How do I buy an airplane
- What is your landlord or tenant horror story
- Where is this market in Kabul
- When will Jerry Jones fire Jason Garrett?
- All people can be hypnotized
- Wealthy people can have parties in submarines
- What is the most ingenious math formula
- What is a Navajo Code Speaker
- Are Lamborghini Aventadors automatic
- How do I sync Firefox with Chrome
- What terminologies are used in construction
- Why are transition metals called transition metals
- What are the best data scraping tools
- How do LinkedIn automation tools work
- Hypothyroidism causes brain fog
- What are hardwood solids in furniture
- What are the secrets of the earth
- Is Wantan Mee popular in China
- What do you say to my song
- What color comes from lemon yellow
- What does a celiac rash look like
- What are diminished guitar chords useful for?
- Is vocal vibrato a natural talent
- What is the Marutis Heartect Platform
- Which movie is impossible to hate
- What is the French term for to offer
- Is the ukulele cool
- Why does Python use multiple inheritance
- Shekhar Gupta is working against India's interests