DuckDuckGo will create a new data protection operating system
DuckDuckGo: Search engine with extra privacy
DuckDuckGo is a search engine that gives internet privacy a particularly high priority. As with Google or Bing, DuckDuckGo can be used to search for specific terms on the Internet. In addition to the high level of data protection measures, DuckDuckGo - a US company - has many more special features. And more than 50 million search queries per day speak for the quality of the search engine.
DuckDuckGo and data protection: In the service of privacy
Especially after the NSA revelations in 2013, interest in the alternative search engine increased enormously. The desire for a search service that attaches great importance to data protection and privacy was growing.
1. Avoid ad network tracking
DuckDuckGo's data protection program blocks so-called ad network trackers. Companies use them specifically on their websites in order to precisely analyze the search behavior of Internet users. The fact that the alternative search engine prevents this speaks for its user-friendliness and the high level of data protection.
Would you like an overview of which pages have tried to track your data? Then click on the goose head icon to the right of the search bar. Under the item “Trackers Found” you will now find all tracking attempts that have been discovered.
2. Optimized encryption protection
DuckDuckGo forces websites - if available - to establish encrypted connections. These encrypted connections provide additional protection for search engine users. Because only when the connection is encrypted, the data of the site visitors cannot be traced from the outside. Encryption is an important security criterion that is also used in online banking, for example.
3. Search in privacy mode
Some search engines save their users' search queries even in privacy mode. DuckDuckGo, on the other hand, makes a clear statement and enables searches in privacy mode by default, in which the search activities are not saved.
4. Special service: turn off advertising
Just like the search service Ecosia, for example, DuckDuckGo is largely financed by placing advertisements among the first search hits. However, if you don't want to see them, you can turn off the advertisements. To do this, proceed as follows:
Open the settings menu.
Click on “other settings”.
Put the switch at the point "Advertising" from on to off.
Scroll down and click "save and exit".
Many search engines do not allow their users to turn off advertisements. This makes DuckDuckGo a pioneer in fulfilling this user request.
6. "Self-destruct button" for deleting data
Another special feature is the DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser. The mobile app version for the smartphone is hidden behind the privacy browser. There is a so-called "self-destruct button" here. One click on the flame is enough - the app deletes all collected data as well as search queries. All open tabs can also be closed in this way with just one click.
DuckDuckGo: Other unique selling points and special features
But not only the high data protection guidelines ensure the increasing popularity of the alternative search engine. Numerous additional functions also distinguish DuckDuckGo from other search services. On the one hand, the appearance can be individually adapted, for example. On the other hand, you can use little tricks to save valuable time on Internet research.
Individual design of the search engine
Adapt the look of the search engine to your own preferences - DuckDuckGo makes it possible. You can change the entire appearance of the search engine with just a few clicks. The so-called dark mode is particularly popular.
- Are friends more important than work
- What are the best songs about bananas
- Why do people fail at poker games
- Requires the BITSAT board markings
- What is the point of neutrons
- Can I use BrowserStack to test selenium
- What is wind
- What is a project scope information
- Has anyone ever died of ironic poisoning
- How did the Americans influence Vietnamese culture
- Why does Amazon have freebies
- The Irish are the happiest people
- How do I create a web beacon
- What is the scientific name for cocci
- Why do people get involved in politics
- What are the rules of Gully Cricket
- How did Sapphire get its name
- Is Wistia good for capturing leads
- Why do people hate performance reviews
- Can go green to purple
- Why mount a remote filesystem
- What is event data in jQuery
- Why could one learn French?
- Is mehendi better than hair color