What celebrities have Hollywood banned?
Halle Berry sat in her chair with a worried look and tried not to look like a Hollywood star. "Even though my lawyer introduced me as an actress, I'm here as a mother," she said on June 26 in a courtroom in Sacramento, California. "I am here as a mother whose daughter is five years old, her name is Nahla. And as the mother of a little boy in my stomach who we still have to name. I am speaking for her here today."
Berry had come to Sacramento before the Public Safety Committee to support Democratic Senator Kevin de Leon’s bill. It is the Senate Bill 606 of the state of California, which is designed to protect children from being harassed because of their parents' activities.
Superficially, the point is that photographers keep getting too close to the children of stars. That's why the legislative initiative made the headlines in the first place - and of course it doesn't necessarily harm the public interest if an Oscar-winning actress in a sleeveless black turtleneck top stands up for the matter.
But there is more to it. It is also about the children of police officers, teachers or judges. To everyone who is teased, humiliated or even photographed because of their parents' job.
So far, the law stipulates a fine of no more than $ 1,000 for the first harassment or a stay of no more than 60 days in prison - there is no minimum penalty. That should change now.
First-time offenders should be punished with a stay of at least ten days in prison, the maximum sentence increased to one year. Second offense: at least 30 days in prison and a fine of up to $ 10,000. The third time: behind bars for at least 60 days. Not only biological children should find protection under the law, but also adopted children and wards.
For $ 100,000? "I would do it immediately"
To call the relationship between Hollywood stars and photographers difficult would be an understatement. However, recently it has cooled even further. Ben Affleck and Angelina Jolie have publicly complained about the increasingly harsh practices of the paparazzi, Steven Tyler initiated the so-called "Steven Tyler Act" in February, which should prohibit photographers in Hawaii from taking pictures of celebrities in private activities.
"This paradise is a magnet for celebrities who want a quiet vacation," said Tyler, who was endorsed by other stars like Avril Lavigne, Tommy Lee, Britney Spears and Ozzy Ozbourne, "As a public figure, I accept paparazzi, but when they are penetrate into our private life, then that crosses a line. " Tyler's request was denied.
In California, it's not about the celebrities themselves, but about their children. An interview with the television station shows just how popular these photos can be ABC News with the photographer Ricardo Mendoza. When asked if he would wait in front of the school that Halle Berry's children visit, he said that he would not go that far. The next question: Would he do it if he could make $ 100,000 with the photo. His answer: "I would do it right away."
- Which mountain range separates Nevada and California
- Which smartphones still offer replaceable batteries?
- Which states have legalized recreational marijuana
- Why could one learn French?
- Why do you like economy 1
- What are the problems with outsourcing
- Is it good to be single before marriage?
- How many engineers work on Tumblr
- Where can I learn to trade for free
- What does BVG mean for a book
- How can you earn with apps
- Why do Starbucks baristas always misspell names?
- Is Pinterest a dynamic website
- Working in SBIPO is better TCS
- What happened to Shaun Cassidy
- Can keloids develop into cancer?
- Why do people believe in saints?
- Masturbates Haram after sunset during Ramadan
- How is sodium extracted from its ore
- What is special about Vivo V5
- Where can I find good friends offline
- Can be space frozen water
- Where can I buy Spotify Likes
- How can we say news in Japanese
- What is takbeer in Islam
- Which god does Sachin believe
- How does email spoofing work?
- What smells better than it tastes
- Communication matters a process of sharing
- Which are some large independent type foundries
- Marriage can be sustained without sex
- Spicy food influences dreams
- Is dental school so difficult in the second semester
- How are automated tests carried out at Square