Why do statisticians need to know programming
In order to carry out a meaningful statistical evaluation and to analyze questions fully and correctly, a statistics program is necessary. Statistical programming is usually essential for this. But there is no generally valid, universal statistical programming. The statistical programming differs depending on the statistical software program used and often a long-term routine or a specific and time-consuming training is necessary, especially when searching for errors. We support you with statistical programming!
If you need support with statistical programming, our statisticians will be happy to help you. Simply use our contact form for a free consultation & a non-binding offer - or give us a call.
Let us know your requirements and we will provide you with a free offer within a few hours.
Inquire now without obligation
- Daniel Feltgen ★★★★★ 3 weeks agoVery professional and good advice and service! Novustat was able to help me with my problem and was able to answer all of my questions at any time. I can only recommend it 100%.
- Alexander Salmen ★★★★★ 4 weeks agoVery competent and good people in the team who can help with any question! I also asked for a research project there and got help. Also very customer-friendly and interesting: The information about Excel on the page, with which you can do a lot yourself about p-tests, correlations, etc.
- Y YYY ★★★★★ a week agoVery nice and quick contact; My complex demands were intelligently and excellently understood and an excellent collaboration followed, with which I am completely satisfied even in retrospect. In terms of price, I can also recommend the services of Novustat Statistics Consulting to the best of my knowledge!
How does Novustat support you with statistical programming?
You are also welcome to watch our video on our support options on YouTube.
Novustat supports you primarily in the following areas:
- SAS programming: We support you competently if you program in the SAS software as part of your analysis.
- MATLAB programming: For more complex statistical evaluations, MATLAB is the application of choice. Novustat also understands the professional use and programming of this statistical software.
- R programming: Our employees also achieve convincing results with statistical evaluations with R.
- Stata programming: Even for Stata, many steps can be carried out clearly and stringently with professional programming.
Statistical programming at NOVUSTAT
- Anytime: We are happy to support you in every phase of statistical programming:
- when drafting the program
- in the implementation
- in subsequent test runs
- Program adaptation or new creation: We are happy to look for errors in your program code and fix them, develop your program (or that of your predecessor) and adapt it to new needs. We are also happy to take over the entire statistical programming: You provide the data and we provide the result.
- Data transfer and processing: In addition, we help with reading the data from a database or carry out an error-free data migration from one format to another for you.
- User-friendly applications: In addition, we also develop user-friendly interfaces for data entry, statistical evaluations, graphic representations or automated reporting. Once created, you can use them again and again; the results then adapt to the current data.
- Diverse expertise: Regardless of the tool or programming language (SPSS programming, R, SAS, MATLAB or Stata), you can count on us! Each of the evaluations described on our website can be automated.
- The NOVUSTAT PLUS: All programming steps are then discussed in detail with you so that the individual steps are understandable and traceable. You do not need to have any programming knowledge!
What is statistical programming used for?
Statistical data evaluations can be automated and made repeatable with the help of statistical software. In principle, you can use any programming language for this, because all of them support the reading of data from files (e.g. a csv file), the basic arithmetic operations and repetitions. It is just as unnecessary as it is time-consuming and error-prone to compile statistical evaluations yourself from basic arithmetic operations and loops. For this purpose there are programming languages such as R, which were specially developed for statistical evaluations.
This makes the automation of statistical processes particularly easy. Numerous additional packages are available for all conceivable statistical methods and industries. These programming languages allow statistical standard procedures to be provided without great effort and make it easier to adapt them to your specific needs. Statistical programming also enables you to import or export files that were created with other software, for example reading SPSS files into R.
Most statistical tools also support the programming of repeatable scripts and evaluations, for example Business Intelligence Software, SPSS, MATLAB, Stata or SAS.
When is statistical programming worthwhile?
If you want to carry out the same evaluation repeatedly, for example of data from different years or different samples, the manual repetition of the individual evaluation steps can be avoided with the help of a statistical program that automates this process, thus increasing the efficiency of your work.
Even if similar data is to be evaluated by different employees in exactly the same way in order to achieve comparable results, it is worth using statistical programs. This prevents different people from arriving at different results through subjective assessments or deviating approaches. With a statistical program you can specify a standard procedure for data evaluation, implement it and repeat it as often as you like.
At the same time, it functions as a kind of protocol. Every step that was taken during the evaluation is clearly defined by the program. You can add source code comments to it and thus also document the reasons for your approach.
Large amounts of data (big data) and complex evaluations are generally not manageable without statistical programming!
A statistical program preferably accepts data from files, provided that the data are separated from one another by any separator (comma, semicolon, tab space, etc.). Incidentally, files with this arrangement are automatically sent to you by online questionnaire tools; alternatively, they can be created by scanning a paper questionnaire or manually typing in data in Excel. It is crucial that your data is in a machine-readable format. Then they are equally suitable as input for statistical programming and for other statistical tools.
You can of course also write a program in which you enter the data manually and then save it as a file. With statistical programming you have every possibility to design your work process!
You have complete freedom with regard to the creation of output data. You can write the results to a file that can be processed by other tools (such as graphics tools) and that allows the data to be displayed on the screen or in other human-readable form. The statistical program can also take over the graphic representation itself or generate entire reports including graphics in Excel, Word, html or PDF format.
If you need support with statistical programming, our statisticians will be happy to help you. Simply use our contact form for a free consultation or a non-binding offer - or give us a call.
NOVUSTAT offers the following services for statistical programming
- From what age is social media okay?
- Why is Argentina so rich
- How are exams in nursing school
- What am I screaming from Los Angeles 1
- When should we join the NEET classes?
- Why we called it a field effect transistor
- How does acidic reflux feel?
- What is the best free audio compressor VST
- Can I use BrowserStack to test selenium
- Are Marathis Aryanized tribes
- How can I reach Saputara from Ahmedabad
- What does LiveNode Webnode2 really do
- What makes a good photographer
- What does Portugal think of Indian Goa
- Avocados promote eye health
- 4 times which equals 100
- Can a CEO bring pets to the workplace
- In malaria being a major host
- WikiLeaks does more harm than good
- How will TFI help with future studies
- Who founded the Bini dynasty
- How can cabinet members be removed?
- Wh study ethical hacking afterwards
- Bernie Sanders 4