Motion compensation with MATLAB
|Responsible:||Prof. Dr.-Ing. Georg Schmitz|
The students have a basic knowledge of Matlab and are also proficient in special aspects of MATLAB programming. MATLAB is a widely used programming language by TheMathworks, Inc. It is used extensively for solving technical and scientific questions in research as well as in industrial practice. The students got to know the essential functions and properties of MATLAB in the context of interesting applications. You will have an overview of the differences between programming in MATLAB and other common programming languages, e.g. computing with vectors and matrices and the simple implementation of graphical user interfaces. At the same time they can design solutions for problems of statistical signal and image processing with Matlab. In doing so, they have acquired a deeper understanding of applications in the areas of statistical signal processing as well as image processing and image reconstruction.
The students are introduced step by step to the special features of the MATLAB programming environment in practical experiments. The main contents conveyed are:
- Use of vectors, matrices and operators
- Memory and runtime efficient programming
- Data input and output of images and video sequences
- graphic representation of multi-dimensional signals
- Statistics Toolbox, generation of pseudo random numbers with different distributions, simple Monte Carlo simulations
- Implementation of time-critical algorithms in C, integration of MEX files
- Debugging of MATLAB code / MEX files
The programming methods are learned using applications from statistical signal and image processing, e.g.
- Simple image filter operations (smoothing filters, edge filters, interpolation)
- Reconstruction by unfolding the image with Viennese filters
- Parameter estimation with least squares and maximum likelihood estimators
- Determination of the model parameters of linear stochastic processes (ARMA processes)
- Motion analysis in image sequences, motion compensation
- What is the brightest fluorescent lamp T5
- What does gas lighting look like
- Which is more difficult Python or SPSS
- Should I produce dj instead of music
- How do I create a geolocation API
- Does Deloitte have a good exercise regimen
- How do black and white bread differ?
- Why doesn't BMW sponsor FC Bayern Muenchen?
- How is plutonium 238 synthesized
- There are modern Quaekers
- What was your only moment in Mumbai
- What is the limit of information
- What is metamorphosis music
- Payday loans are fixed or variable
- Why is creatine considered safer than steroids
- Why is Protandim not sold in stores?
- LastPass is free forever
- What is Oprah Winfrey's life story
- Are Lamborghini Aventadors automatic
- Where is the highest point in Massachusetts
- What are the problems associated with fasting
- How is Karla written in Armenian
- How do you feel about Muslim rituals?
- Russia plans to invade Estonia
- What is a PET scan
- What is the meaning of WhatsApp
- Why was the Book of Esther written
- Why was the Second World War brought to North Africa
- What is craftsmanship
- Can I use Linux on my Mac?
- What was your reason to haunt someone
- Sony stopped selling phones in India
- How quickly does an MDMA tolerance build up?