What should a moving package contain 1
Advice: pack moving boxes correctly!
Advice: Pack moving boxes correctly
A move is pending. Before moving to the new home, you must first pack your belongings. With strong moving boxes, the change of apartment succeeds and everything safely reaches its destination. But: There is a problem. Many people pack their boxes improperly. This creates problems during transport and one or the other cardboard box tears. Avoid such annoyances by relying on sturdy cardboard from the professional and these pack properly. Not sure how to start? We have a guide for you.
Before packing the moving boxes: clear out!
Reduce your household effects! Before you start, you should muck out. You dispose of everything that does not necessarily have to go into the new apartment. Use bulky waste, give away things that are well preserved or sell valuable things on internet portals or at flea markets or classifieds. So you might make a few more euros with which you can cope better with the move.
Tip: Social associations look forward to donations in kind. This also applies to operators of social department stores and similar institutions. City libraries are often happy to accept books and CDs as well as PC and board games. Have these items picked up. In this way you support public and social institutions and save muscle power at the same time.
You may find it difficult to part with some things. You should therefore use the 1-year rule. What you haven't "touched" or needed for a year usually doesn't offer any practical use later either. See it positively: Moving is the chance to get rid of contaminated sites and start something really new. But start clearing out early. There are many other things that are more important just before the move date. The best time is given at the latest when the moving date has been set. You will then have enough time to prepare the new apartment, pack the boxes and clarify organizational matters.
Moving: How many moving boxes do you need?
The first exciting question before packing the moving boxes is: How many boxes do you need? Unfortunately there is no definitive answer.
The rule of thumb is: You will need around five to ten moving boxes per person and around 15 boxes per room. Other calculations estimate 0.5 to one box per square meter of living space. As a result, both calculations are often similar.
However, this is only a rough guide. Because the more household items you have, the more boxes you will need. In addition, a large number of books or CDs can change the calculation considerably. If, on the other hand, you only have a few "small" items, you will need fewer boxes accordingly. Don't underestimate the kitchen, however. You will need plenty of moving boxes for glasses and dishes. On the one hand, you are still wrapping this inventory so that its volume increases. On the other hand, dishes in particular are very heavy, so you shouldn't over-fill the boxes.
A knowledgeable moving agent can make a good estimate of the number of boxes required. Such an inspection is customary before an offer is made about moving costs. Use this expert eye for your own calculation.
Tip: Buy the moving boxes you need from us online at a reasonable price. You will receive high-quality, stable and stackable cardboard boxes that you can store or resell to save space after the move.
Which moving boxes do you need for your move?
There are different forms of moving boxes. As a rule, you will need at least one or two different standard moving boxes and book boxes. The Standard boxes are usually a bit longer and cuboid so that even bulky objects fit in.
Book boxes are much more compact and smaller. They are designed to carry a larger load. Use such moving boxes to fill them with books, CDs and similar items. Important: Pay attention to the weight, the boxes must remain portable.
It is also advisable to use the following types of cardboard when moving depending on your household items:
- Wardrobe boxes
Clothes boxes are special cardboard boxes with a kind of clothes rail. Use such moving boxes to transport high-quality clothes, suits, etc. These then remain crease-free.
- Picture boxes
Do you own paintings? Then picture boxes are a good choice. These are specially designed for the damage-free transport of images.
- Glass boxes
If you have a large number of high-quality glasses such as wine glasses, champagne glasses or cocktail glasses, glass boxes are ideal. These have inserts that form compartments. So the glasses don't collide. Compared to wrapping glass, these moving boxes are more convenient. The glass handle is also more unbreakable on the way to the new home.
- Small parts boxes
Note that moving boxes have handles. Therefore, particularly small objects can fall out of the box. You should therefore also use boxes for small parts. These have no handles and can be completely taped shut. So nothing is lost. Small parts boxes can be packed in moving boxes so that they are easier to transport.
Roughly estimate whether and which special boxes you need for the move. Safe transport options for small parts are essential. But clothes boxes and glass boxes also provide valuable services.
Tip: Buy standard moving boxes, book boxes and other moving boxes online at low prices. You benefit from first-class prices and high quality.
What should you look out for with moving boxes?
Moving boxes have to withstand a lot: They carry the weight of the items packed in them. Moving workers grab them by the handles and stack them in the van. Many forces act on the cardboard box. Cheap cardboard boxes with weak material cannot take this. They break through on the floor, tear on the handles or get dents when stacked. Therefore, when buying moving boxes, pay attention to the following properties:
- tear-resistant and water-repellent, double-walled cardboard,
- double, reinforced bottom,
- double and foldable handles,
- easy-to-close lid,
- optional field for labeling the target room.
Preparation: Buy moving materials
Obtain the required boxes and other moving materials at least three weeks before the move date. In addition to the moving boxes, the following things are useful:
- Packing tape and, if necessary, hand dispenser,
- Wrapping paper and packing silk (newsprint will stain the printer's ink),
- Packing wadding, bubble wrap, bubble bags or packaging chips,
- Packing blankets, hand trucks, transport belts,
- if necessary, stretch film (for wrapping furniture with doors and drawers),
- Mattress covers,
- small zip bags for small parts such as screws, shelf brackets, etc.
- Scissors, waterproof pens, craft knife, stickers for the boxes if necessary.
It depends on your budget whether you need all kinds of moving supplies. For example, stretch film is rarely used and is a bit more expensive, but it can provide excellent support for cabinets with many drawers and stabilize wobbly furniture. Bubble wrap is good for securing glass surfaces, packaging chips can be a good choice in individual cases, and air cushions are often more effective as a filling material as protection against damage. Wrapping paper and tissue paper are strongly recommended because, unlike newspaper, neither stains and protects glass and valuables from breakage.
This is how moving boxes are packed correctly!
You should start packing cardboard boxes at least a week before the move. The bigger your budget, the sooner you should start. Pay attention to the correct order. First you pack everything that is expendable. Books, most of the children's toys, some of the dishes, clothes no longer needed before the move, etc. Step by step, you go from room to room and pack as much as your life situation allows. At the very end Everything has to be packed one evening before the movewhat you and your family don't need on the morning of the big day.
Tip: Pack one "Survival box" or a "survival bag" for each family member. This includes a set of clothes, sleeping clothes, slippers, a towel, dentifrice, soap, shower gel, shampoo and personal care products, medication, etc. In addition, you pack at the end food and beverages ready to hand so that you can secure a minimum supply in the new apartment.
But how do you optimally pack a moving box? Special boxes tell you everything: hang clothes in the clothes boxes, put glasses in the glass boxes, etc. Make sure that you don't load the boxes too heavily. Clothing in particular is heavier than it seems.
How to pack standard moving boxes
At the Packing the standard moving boxes you should combine heavy things with light objects. Always put first the heavy objects below in the box. Make sure that there are as few cavities as possible. Then pack light or bulky items in the top of the box. This combination makes sense in order to utilize the volume and at the same time not to let the box become too heavy.
Dishes are heavy. Wrap this securely and place lighter cups and glasses or kitchen equipment on top of china and earthenware. Pay particular attention to the weight of kitchen boxes. Avoid breaks in glass styles by using glass cartons or by specially wrapping such glasses.
How to pack book boxes
Pack the book boxes to the brim with books or, alternatively, pack a layer of books on the floor and light objects on top in the box. CDs and DVDs are also well kept in book boxes.
How to secure removal goods in the box
Use wrapping paper and bubble wrap or bubble bags to wrap fragile items or to protect sensitive items. Bubble wrap is ideal for protecting glass surfaces. Filling material is normally not required. Exceptions may be cardboard boxes with hollow spaces in which objects are packed that should not slide back and forth. Pay attention to small parts. You should secure these in a tightly closable cardboard box or pack them in suitable packaging in the cardboard boxes. When packing food, secure open packages with adhesive tape. Pay attention to tightly closed bottles and containers, secure food boxes with filling material.
Tips for packing moving boxes
Important: Always pack all moving boxes so that they remain portable. Many cardboard boxes have a load capacity of up to 20 kilograms. However, moving helpers will be grateful if you do not use this maximum load. Think of less powerful helpers. If in doubt, it is better to partially repack a box.
If you pack compact and pack light on heavy, this is a good start. Besides, you should Take the following points into account when packing the moving boxes:
- Carrying handles must remain within reach. Make sure that the contents do not make it difficult to reach.
- Only fill the boxes to just below the brim so that you can close the lids properly.
- If necessary, use pillows, blankets and clothing as padding or to fill boxes.
- If possible, only pack items from one room into a box; this will make it easier for you to find and unpack them later.
- Write on the boxes with waterproof pens on stickers or printed information areas. Enter what is included or where the box is to be placed in the new apartment. How to keep it tidy.
- Mark boxes with fragile contents. This is how the moving workers know that you have to be extra careful.
- Do not stick moving boxes with interlocking lids. These can be adequately closed without tools and can be unpacked more quickly without gluing.
- Glue normal folding boxes tightly. Small boxes can be packed in moving boxes if necessary.
- Stack the boxes in easily accessible places that you no longer need to reach. Room corners are very suitable. Do not obstruct any important paths or furniture.
- Stack the moving boxes according to the wall principle. Form a lower level with heavy cardboard boxes lengthways and place the next cardboard boxes across, etc. On top of the stack, place the lightest cardboard boxes. This gives the stacks more support and the boxes can distribute the weight better. You stay stable.
If you ... this Tips for packing moving boxes take to heart, your belongings will reach their destination unharmed with greater certainty. You can unpack the boxes in your new home without having to complain about breakage or damage. Well-packed and stable moving boxes are synonymous with more transport security.
3 articles you might also be interested in:
Buy moving boxes in:
Author: Picture-Factory, Fotolia; Photo ID: # 104934401
Author: Fotolia, # 78455137, relocation © Sven Vietense
- Which country has the lowest tuition fees?
- When were high heels created
- When can we expect democracy in Cuba?
- Why are gifted children usually hypersensitive?
- Why are complaints and disciplinary procedures required
- What does totem pole mean
- What is Bootp DHCP
- Why did Adobe do Lightroom
- How do I create a writing portfolio
- Are we getting paid for an article ship
- What is Working Capital Financing
- Why are digital logic circuits not linear
- Cats can be vitamin deficient
- What are some things valuable but rare
- Hindu atheists also worship lifeless idols
- How do you become a millionaire rapper
- Would South Africa ever invade Zimbabwe?
- What is the legal liability for partnerships?
- Where does the smell of burned food go?
- Why do doctors give up so quickly
- What is a good testosterone supplement
- What are nonlinear transformations
- How important are earthworms in our ecosystem
- Is sugar a transparent material