What are some authentic Michael Kors outlets
Michael Kors bag
The most important things in a nutshell
- Make sure that you buy your Michael Kors bag from a reputable online shop (note the contribution to dubious Michael Kors fake shops)
- Sales prices with a discount of 40% or more indicate counterfeits
- Pay attention to our instructions, especially regarding the manufacturer's label and the inner lining (see description below)
- Listen to your gut instinct and refrain from buying if you are not convinced
The reputable online shops for Michael Kors bags & fashion include:
These shops offer a large selection of Michael Kors fashion and bags at fair prices.
The most important authenticity features
How can you tell whether the Michael Kors bag you want to buy or have bought is original? Follow these steps to verify the authenticity of your bag.
Michael Kors bag - charm pendant
Many Michael Kors bags, such as the “Jet Set” model, come with an MK tag (leather strap with a round MK metal tag). Keep these points in mind:
- The two MK letters are close together
- The engraving is clear to read, deeply embossed and neatly made
- The metal must not show any small bubbles or dents, should be polished to a high gloss and not flaked anywhere.
Metal applications and lettering
Authentic Michael Kors bags have charms, buckles, eyelets, snaps and other metal applications. These metal applications for Michael Kors bags have many shapes and designs and are unfortunately relatively easy to forge. Some high quality counterfeits are even equipped with original MK metal appliqués that are illegally obtained from original MK suppliers.
The following characteristics are important:
- Michael Kors metal applications only show MICHAEL KORS and not the abbreviation "MK".
- Real applications should not show any holes or bumps such as bubbles in the metal.
- The labeling must be clearly defined
- The fitting should have a polished, smooth sheen. This gloss is created by a particularly high-quality coating process. This also prevents the coating from flaking off, which can happen with counterfeits.
Fake Michael Kors Metal eyelets or buckles, differ in that the forgery uses a different font and, in addition, the letters are arranged more closely than those of the original.
With original Michael Kors bags, the letters of the lettering are always glued on individually. Fakes, on the other hand, connect the letters with a metal strip, for example.
Michael Kors pocket lining
The inner lining of a Michael Kors bag depends on the model and has changed over the years. This makes it difficult for the layperson to distinguish an original from a fake.
Basically the following applies:
- The inner lining is a soft synthetic material
- The leather trim for inside pockets is always sewn in and not glued
- The zippers, borders and seams are always sewn.
If you find that leather applications or manufacturer's labels have been stuck on, then this is a sure sign of a fake bag.
Inner lining with MK honeycomb pattern
The inner lining of many Michael Kors bags shows the letters MK surrounded by two circles that are connected to each other and form a kind of honeycomb shape. This so-called MK honeycomb logo can help to identify a forgery:
In the case of many counterfeits, the honeycomb logo is simply printed on the lining. It is noticeable that the lining lacks the sheen that is typical of original Michael Kors pocket linings. In addition, the material looks cheap and feels like plastic wrap.
In the case of higher-quality forgeries, the inner lining can hardly be distinguished from an original MK bag. However, if you look at the circles around the MK, they often look a bit oval with forgeries. This is a sign of a fake.
Lining with fur pattern
Michael Kors pocket lining always shows the MK logo. The MK bags, which do not contain any inner lining, are an exception. If, however, an inner lining is used and the lining does not have the MK logo, then it is a fake.
Michael Kors bag zipper
It is often described that Michael Kors only uses YKK zippers for his bags. This is usually the case, but zippers from manufacturers or brands such as IDEAL are also used. As with YYK, you will also find the manufacturer's inscription on the zipper.
Michael Kors also uses no-name zippers for the inside pockets of some models (e.g. Michael Kors Hamilton).
Make sure that the main zipper of the bag, e.g. with the Michael Kors Selma, always comes from YKK or Ideal. If a no-name zipper was used here, there is a risk that the bag is a fake.
Seams and thread on Michael Kors bags
- The seams run in a neat, straight stitch
- The seams are evenly spaced between the stitches
- The color of the fond always resembles the color of the bag
However, it has happened in the past that the original MK bag series had unclean or slanted seams. The reason for this is that Michael Kors subcontracts some of his bag production to external companies in order to be able to meet the increased demand. The outsourced factories do not always deliver the same standard as the Michael Kors factories, so that even an original bag can have an unclean seam.
Leather tab with brand name (Heat Stamp)
With a real Michael Kors bag you will find a leather flap with the Michael Kors lettering inside the bag. This can be found in almost all bag models and always has the same font and size. The only exception are MK reversible bags that do not have a leather flap.
On most original bags, leather straps always show the text
in two lines. The pressure should be clearly defined.
With Michael Kors Retail Outlets bags in particular, it is not uncommon for the lettering to be not printed deep enough by the hot stamping stamp and appear somewhat indistinct.
In some pocket models, the traditional hot stamping stamp has been replaced by metal plates. You can find these most often on Michael Kors Tote and Michael Kors Greenwich models.
Example of fakes
Michael Kors fakes can be recognized by the fact that the leather strap has a faint imprint of a Outline around the MK lettering around caused by a cheap rotogravure stamp. With real MK labels there is no outline and the letters are evenly distributed.
Does the flap have the imprint "Michael Kors "&" EST. 1981“This is an indication of a fake. Michael Kors uses this lettering on bracelets and bags, but it is not on the leather flap on the inside of current MK bags.
Michael Kors manufacturer label / nameplate
With real Michael Kors bags you will find a manufacturer label with information on the country of origin and the date of manufacture inside the bag. This includes a nameplate with the model number printed on it. The tabs / labels can be of different colors, but usually are
The color of the sign can indicate whether the bag was produced for a Michael Kors outlet (black and brown) or a Michael Kors boutique (clear and white).
Manufacturer label until 2016
The signs mostly follow a standard format:
The country of manufacture "MADE IN“Followed by one of the countries listed below
Manufacturing date code for example in the format “AP-1502”.
"AP" is the factory name and "1502" stands for "February 2015".
Behind the "MADE IN" label there is a small white sign on which the Model number the bag is printed. These signs are missing in the case of simple Michael Kors forgeries. The high quality plagiarism may contain the tags, but often with an incorrect or missing model number.
Most Michael Kors bags are manufactured (made in) in these countries:
Manufacturer label from 2016
New Michael Kors bags from 2016 contain a QR code along with the model number, date of manufacture and information about the color and the country of manufacture.
The new shield is structured as follows:
E-1606 - "E" is the factory designation and "1606" is the date of manufacture ("1606" means June 2016).
T16 - This is the season of the bag.
30T3SLMS2L - This is the bag model number.
303 - This is the color code of the bag.
Current color codes are:
To just check the model number:
- Visit the Michael Kors homepage
- On the Michael Kors page, enter the model number in the search box
- Compare the displayed bag with your model
If you do not receive a result, it may be that the bag is no longer available or that it was from a previous season. Then try the following:
- Go to google or another search engine
- Enter "MICHAEL KORS" with the model number
- Switch to the image search and compare the displayed images with your model.
If most of the pictures show a different bag model, that indicates a fake.
Video: How to recognize a Michael Kors fake bag
Here you can find a video explaining the differences between a fake and an original MK bag
Before buying, check the seriousness of online shops yourself with simple instructions!
Immediately more security for only 1.99 €!
(Secure payment via PayPal. You will receive the instructions as a download immediately afterwards.)
- Is religion like opium for the poor
- How to simplify a + b b + c
- A spider will kill you
- Why do conifers not grow edible fruits
- Which fonts are best for propaganda?
- Award IIMs scholarships
- Who is more relaxed Shikamaru or Aokiji
- What are different American and Canadian traditions
- What is the Brazilian Army doing
- Why are office clips attracted to magnets?
- What did Anne Boleyn think of Cromwell?
- What is magic versus tricks
- Why are image files called image files
- What is gum arabic
- What is Oakmere Road
- What is the purpose of finding inspiration
- Are people with BPD empathetic?
- What is a sodium chloride lattice
- Will sign Barca Neymar
- How do I study economics 3
- Can the fascia be resealed after a fasciotomy
- How people accept homeopathy
- How do you get a stronger stomach
- Am I doing this implicit differentiation right?