What are the functions of mold
What is the problem?
Mold is found everywhere in the environment. They play an important role in the material cycle and colonize and decompose dead organic material. They form microscopic spores that are spread through the air and blown into the apartment when the room is aired. If they find high levels of humidity and heat, visible mold colonies develop from the spores, which are noticeable as discoloration on the materials. If they grow in secret, they usually only become noticeable through a musty smell.
The moisture required for growth can get into the room air through the residents themselves, such as when showering or cooking, or through moisture damage in the masonry as a result of a pipe burst or after flooding. The formation of "condensation" on the inside of external walls due to thermal bridges or insufficient thermal insulation and, last but not least, insufficient ventilation and heating can also cause the required moisture. Mold growth not only leads to material damage, it is also harmful to health. The spores in particular can cause skin and mucous membrane irritations, allergies and asthma.
What can I do myself?
- Remove moldy food from the apartment
- Organic waste - an excellent source of food for mold - should only be collected in the apartment for a short time and disposed of in the organic waste bin parked outside as soon as possible
- Reduce humidity through proper ventilation and heating
- If the house has insufficient thermal insulation, place compact pieces of furniture on the outside walls at a distance of five to ten centimeters from the wall
- If mold infestation is visible, look for the causes and eliminate them
- In the case of a musty or musty smell without visible mold, microbiological tests can be helpful to localize the source of mold
- If necessary, carry out remediation work on a smaller scale (up to 0.5 square meters) yourself and observe the recommendations in the mold remediation guide
- Refurbishment by qualified personnel is necessary for larger dimensions
Further information from the Federal Environment Agency
- How should I compare different MBA programs
- Which plant stays green all year round
- What does quemadmodum mean in Latin
- Doesn't Donald Trump help the country
- What is the Fastest Acting Acne Treatment
- Which popular physics theory is widely misunderstood
- What are the characteristics of civil law
- What are 15 reasons to make a living from it
- Chronic acid reflux can cause enlarged tonsils
- What does Kizilelma red apple mean
- Is Medellin Safe To Visit
- What did Vladimir Lenin think of Russians?
- What is the independence of the judiciary
- Is it okay to have mismatched tires?
- What did it take you a year to learn
- Where can I sell old football tickets?
- Is the Airtel network really 4G
- Why do you feel safe smoking?
- What do exams give us
- What was Frank Sinatra's most successful song
- What is a comfort bike good for?
- How do adults become successful on Instagram
- Which is the largest number in novel
- How can my daughter get to Harvard