Is Discover FDIC insured
Which bank is my Discover card through?
I've used Visa exclusively for 15, now I have my first Discover card.
One notable difference is that Visa always bears the bank's name (for me it was Chase); The Discover card, however, does not. This made the distinction clear - Visa provided clearing services and Chase was the one I owed money to. It was also Chase's (or my "Chase Amazon.com") phone number on the back.
Who is the bank that will credit me with my new Discover card?
In contrast to MasterCard and Visa, which only offer clearing services and require banks to actually issue cards or POS terminals for merchants.
Discover Card works more like American Express. It's a completely different network. Cards and POS for merchants are only offered directly by Discover Bank. There are no other banks that issue this card.
In 1984, Sears Roebuck bought the Greenwood Trust Company in Greenwood, Delaware and launched the Discover Card (originally called the Sears card). 1984 NYT story
Previously, you could pay Discover bills in person at the Sears cashiers.
Sears soon turned it off. In 2000, Greenwood Trust was renamed Discover Bank.
- Is it wrong to trust my partner?
- Are cats still on Broadway
- How many years would 100 million be?
- Can mouse eat meat
- We can all ask questions
- What are the disadvantages of high heels
- Is grammatically reliable
- How can I become an icon
- What is a changed scale
- Where does curry come from on rice
- Are the beats fully wireless worth it
- When and how did World War II begin
- Why do people play with different emotions
- What's next for YourQuote
- Why do human teeth develop
- Who created Mario Kart
- What are the benefits of science 5
- What are some programming faux pas
- Is Heroku reliable
- What are the elements of project portfolio management
- Is Nilesh Arora on Quora
- How quickly does an MDMA tolerance build up?
- Should I forgive my betraying wife
- Are gray foxes carnivores herbivores or omnivores