What is estrogen
Lack of estrogen
How the doctor treats an estrogen deficiency depends on what caused it. During menopause, a so-called Hormone replacement therapy (HRT or HRT), where the woman takes hormones to make up for the deficiency, may be considered. There are such "replacement hormones" in the form of patches, suppositories, ointments or tablets. However, hormone treatment should never be taken lightly, because the possible risks (for example, increased risk of thrombosis, cardiovascular disease and breast cancer - if treated for more than five years) are high.
Herbal remedies for estrogen deficiency
It can therefore be worthwhile, in consultation with the doctor, to try to deal with the estrogen deficiency in a natural way. Herbal remedies, for example, are often used:
- Chaste tree. Should be able to restore the hormonal balance and help with breast tenderness, water retention and moods.
- Black cohosh. Provides the body with plant-based estrogen and is supposed to support the effect of the hormone.
- Johannis herbs. Does not change anything in the estrogen concentration, but can have a positive effect on depressive moods. Warning: may limit the effectiveness of the contraceptive pill.
Estrogen deficiency and lifestyle as well as homeopathy
You can also try homeopathy if you have an estrogen deficiency. Since there are many homeopathic remedies, you should seek individual advice from an experienced pharmacist or alternative practitioner, which is the right one for you. However, the success of homeopathic medicines has not been scientifically proven.
In addition, a lot can be done with the lifestyle for more well-being in the case of an estrogen deficiency. Diet, for example, plays a big role. On the one hand, because plant-based estrogens, such as those found in soy products, can help cushion the deficiency. On the other hand, because a lack of estrogen can lead to osteoporosis (bone loss) in the long term and you can counteract this with appropriate foods (calcium, vitamin D) and physical activity.
- What is the diode for?
- What insanity is the limit
- Is this paragraph spelled correctly in English?
- How much do mutual fund wholesalers earn
- Music sharing should be allowed online
- What I can do after business math
- A credit score of 830 is good
- Who is the son of Dhuryodana
- Will my graduation be worth something?
- Naturally curly hair can be permanently straightened
- Can cats eat mint plants?
- What does it mean to pay me with blood
- Who invented asthma inhalers
- What if you can't love
- Who is the versatile actor in Bollywood
- What is the ESMA law
- Who is the youngest NRL player ever?
- Who is Mirza Ahmad Qadiani
- Which diet can help with dermatitis
- Why is Taurus the best sign
- IPulse cures cancer
- Is a ping sweep intrusive
- How do I stay safe when I go alone
- Are there really immortal rishis?