What foods do not tolerate slow cooking?
Recognize and treat multi-intolerances
The stomach rumbles, after eating there are excruciating gas or cramps, if not severe diarrhea: at least one in five Germans is sensitive to certain food ingredients. In this country, lactose or fructose intolerance is relatively common. Some people even cannot tolerate various different substances, they suffer from multi-intolerances: If you have a combined lactose, fructose and sorbitol intolerance, your digestion rebels with numerous types of fruit and vegetables as well as with milk and most finished products.
Those affected are restricting their diet more and more in order to avoid the symptoms - but with the increasing number of intolerances it is more and more difficult to navigate the cliffs while eating.
Cause of multi-intolerance
A new theory assumes that with multi-intolerance the intestine is completely irritated. Food additives, prolonged use of antibiotics or severe gastrointestinal infections can upset the intestinal flora. This can change the lining of the intestine, which impairs bowel function. On the one hand, the intestine becomes more permeable to nutrients and bacteria that should not actually get into the bloodstream.
On the other hand, it can no longer produce all the substances necessary for digestion (such as proteins or enzymes). This can hinder the transport of fructose through the wall of the small intestine to the liver, so that the fructose reaches the large intestine, where it serves as food for gas-producing bacteria. If the intestine no longer produces digestive enzymes such as lactase, which breaks down milk sugar, then lactose ends up undigested in the large intestine. There it binds water and is also partially broken down by the intestinal bacteria - this leads to flatulence and diarrhea.
Symptoms of intolerance after consumption
Symptoms typically occur shortly after consuming incompatible foods:
- Loss of appetite, nausea
- Belly noises
- Abdominal pain, abdominal cramps
- Sensation of pressure or fullness
Difficulty concentrating, dizziness, extreme tiredness and sleep disorders also occur. It is not uncommon for those affected to suffer from psychological changes such as listlessness and depression.
Diagnosis through breath tests
Sugar intolerance (e.g. to fructose, lactose, sucrose or sugar alcohols such as sorbitol, xylitol) are usually diagnosed with breath tests. The test procedure is the same for all suspected intolerances, only the sugar ingested differs. After abstaining from certain foods, drinks and smoking for a day, those affected drink the sugar to be tested dissolved in a glass of water. Then they write down their symptoms every 20 minutes for three hours and breathe into a measuring tube. The diagnosis is based on the symptom index (which occurred and how severely?) And the concentration of certain gases in the breath samples.
In the large intestine, undigested sugar is broken down by bacteria into short-chain fatty acids, which - depending on the bacterial species native to the intestinal flora - mainly produce hydrogen and, in some cases, methane or carbon dioxide. A gas concentration that exceeds the specific limit value suggests that too much of the sugar examined ends up in the colon with the bacteria.
Therapy takes place in two phases
The aim of the nutritional strategy is to calm the intestines and activate self-healing powers so that you can eat a balanced diet without symptoms in the long term. Depending on the severity of the disease, this can take a few months or a year. Therapy takes place in two steps:
- Gentle or parental leave phase: During the so-called intestinal fasting, only a few, low-irritation foods are allowed: no foods with additives, no dairy products, no fruit, initially no vegetables - only gluten-free cereal products, potatoes, rice, fish and high-quality fats. From the tenth day, low-fructose vegetable soups can be introduced. You should keep the waiting period for at least 4 weeks. This allows the bowel to recover and the symptoms subside.
- Development phase: Step by step, vegetables and other foods are reintroduced according to individual tolerance. Be sure to write a food diary. The diet should continue to be low in irritation: hardly any fruit, no raw vegetables, especially not in the evening. Pork, sausages, cookies, chocolate and finished products remain taboo.
A probiotic drinking cure based on flea, fennel and flax seeds plus probiotic intestinal bacteria can help against diarrhea. Gentle abdominal massages activate the blood circulation in the abdomen and promote the movement of the intestines. What is good for the intestine and what is not? The food diary helps with self-assessment and the allocation of complaints. Often, shortly after a meal, you forget what and how much you really ate. It is also valuable to record which foods introduced during the build-up phase are tolerable.
The best nutritional medicine cannot be fruitful when the soul is stressed. The vernacular describes the close connection between psyche and digestion aptly with expressions such as "That hit me on the stomach", "I still need something to digest the news" or "I have a heavy stomach".
Pay attention not only to your food, but also to your other needs. Rest and activity should be properly balanced individually. Daily yoga, autogenic training, walks or sports contribute to relaxation. Breathing exercises or singing also relieve tension. Try out which relaxation methods are right for you and get support in stressful situations.
This topic in the program:
The Nutritional Docs | 07/22/2019 | 9:00 p.m.
- What are some Drupal meetups in Australia
- Why are the national brands so expensive
- How do boundary conditions apply to programming
- Which is best bamboo or Jenkins CI
- Why don't Uber drivers turn into taxi drivers
- Who is the versatile actor in Bollywood
- Which is the fastest Indian subway train
- If 10x 1 1 what is x
- Psychedelic rock band Hunger
- What are speakers measured in
- Shani Dev is more powerful than other gods
- What is The Scripts' most passionate song
- How to lose weight
- Holocaust denial is common in Singapore
- What is linkage in genetics
- Stonehenge is wrong
- What is a normal gait
- The Starks used ice in the war
- What's the best whiskey glass on the market
- What is the aim of the tax audit
- What is the best CNC software
- How is the name change related to numerology?
- Who are the toppers of UCEED 2019
- How does Airbnb hire product managers
- Can send AliExpress to the Philippines
- How do people achieve perfection
- What do you think of Hamilton
- Where is the University of Dartmouth located
- What embarrassed you as an Indian
- Climate skeptics are smart people
- How to make boneless chicken wings
- Which company is offering an internship in Chennai?
- What is the OWASP organization