How do I stop sucking on physics
What makes planes fly and ships swim? Why does the shower curtain fall over us under the shower and what is it about the fairy tale of "cracked" glass? Four everyday puzzles that we can figure out with basic physics.
By: Simon Demmelhuber & Volker Eklkofer
1. Why do planes fly?
Up in the sky they give the impression of gliding effortlessly. It is only on earth that one suspects its weight and the strength it takes to lift this clumsy mass into the air. No, it doesn't look light and weightless at all when an aircraft like the Airbus 380 takes off. Around 650 tons of weight press the colossus made of steel to the ground. But at the end of the runway, the pilot pulls his nose up and the enormous load takes off as if there was no longer any force of gravity.
2. Why do ships swim?
Feathers can do it, a piece of wood can do it, and so can a sheet of paper. A steel ball cannot. No matter how heavy it is, it will always drown in the water. Nevertheless, steel ships can float, even if they weigh several tens of thousands of tons. Why is that?
3. Why does the shower curtain pull inwards when showering?
Not again! It was just so comfortably warm under the hot shower and then that: As if moved by magic, the cold curtain sucks on the skin. How can that be? Doors and windows are closed, drafts are ruled out as the cause, right? Thats not really correct. The whole thing actually has to do with drafts, but it is created in the bathroom and does not come from outside.
4. Why can sound destroy glass?
Sing a glass, just with your voice? It works in film and in advertising. A piercing sound from a powerful throat, and splinters and broken pieces are already hailing. Is it all just a show? Or does it actually work
- Where can I learn C and C.
- How important is Japan
- Food trade should cease
- Is it safe to drive in China?
- Why mount a remote filesystem
- Has anyone cracked Byjus's NEET
- What metamorphic rock is formed from sandstone
- Can a goose kill a person?
- Has Hillary Clinton ever lied about anything
- How serious is Lyme disease
- Coffee is the root of all evil
- What is __builtin_popcount in c ++
- The witcher takes place on earth
- Which Europeans are mixed with Mongols
- What is RNA 3
- Can we avoid a third world war?
- Why do narcissists chase empaths
- Why are there high schools
- Who is the greatest bullshitter in history
- Where can I get lessons in Calcutta?
- Is Barcelona in danger
- What is a temporary disability
- What are the latest sports technologies
- Are you afraid of tornadoes?