There are lines
A line is a long line. It can have many shapes: straight, curved, wavy and much more. A line can have ends or be infinite, like the line that forms a circle or the number eight. If a straight line has two ends, it is called a segment in geometry. In geometry, these endpoints are usually designated with capital letters.
If the straight line has no end, it is called a straight line. A straight line on a sheet of paper can have two ends, but without end points. You can also draw the straight line up to the edges of the sheet. Theoretically, however, it would go infinitely beyond the leaf margins.
Between the line and the straight line there is still the ray. It has a starting point, but no end. One therefore also speaks of a half-line. It's like a ray of light: It starts with the sun or a lamp and then goes on to infinity. At least this is true as long as it does not meet anywhere.
Lines are found everywhere in everyday life. Often they are pulled where something ends and something else begins. On a map, for example, the national borders are represented by lines. The streets and rivers are also lines. On a soccer field, lines on the floor mark the edge of the field, the center or the penalty area and goal area.
There are also many lines drawn on roads. For example, the line in the middle of a street separates the two lanes. For example, the cars will drive south on one lane and north on the other. However, lines can also indicate a direction. For example, you follow a line on the floor to get to a certain place. Such lines sometimes exist for tourists. Sometimes they are not just painted, they are raised a little. Blind people can feel it with a stick and find their way.
Some more things that somehow have to do with lines are called a line themselves. These include, for example, the lines in public transport. With such a line, public transport always travels the same route back and forth. All stops where people want to get on or off and go to other stops on the line are approached.
Here you can see the contour lines of a mountain in red and white.
Three lines on the outside, three circular lines on the inside
There are also other search results for “Line” from Blinde Kuh and Ask Finn.
- Are you going to miss school after you graduate?
- Why is Siri so weird
- What is an inferior counter
- What use are my bitcoins
- Who are the most popular billionaires in the world
- Energy is not transmitted by which wave
- Changes conscious breathing to automatic breathing
- How to Write Emotional Expository Poems
- What are the best trail foods
- What is the best advertisement in Uttarakhand
- Where do I submit my diary?
- How did Subhadra die in Mahabharat
- What is bankruptcy law
- What is a non-language project
- What makes you think people are the worst
- Why didn't Biden run in 2016?
- How is your work-life balance
- How do interactive whiteboards improve learning?
- Is completely empty space possible
- What is a master carpenter
- Psychedelics work differently in autistic people
- What is your opinion on Swedish furniture
- Is a porch a porch
- How is the IITRAM Ahmedabad