What's in hair conditioner
What do hair conditioners do?
Hair can be attacked by intense sunlight, blow-drying that is too hot, straightening or using a curling iron. The result: You look dull and the comb or brush will no longer come through. According to advertising, hair conditioners are supposed to help. They promise to nourish, to give the hair shine and volume. But do they really help?
Healthy hair doesn't need conditioner. A hair conditioner can help with roughened, split or easily broken hair, but also with hair that “flies” easily, ie becomes electrostatically charged.
The basic aim of a hair conditioner is to smooth the rough surface of the hair, making it easier to comb and giving it shine again. The smoothing effect is often achieved using silicones. Silicones make hair shiny, but often also heavy and weak. In addition, silicone is not naturally degradable. If you want to do without silicones, you should avoid products that have ingredients that end in “-cone” and “-xane”.
A better alternative is to use hair conditioners from natural cosmetics manufacturers. In these, nourishing substances such as jojoba or coconut oil, silk, milk or wheat proteins are usually used.
Tips that ideally make hair conditioner unnecessary:
- Use a blow dryer less often, rather let your hair air dry.
- If the hair dryer is used, select a cooler temperature and keep a distance of 20 cm.
- Pat dry or make a “turban” instead of rubbing. Rubbing causes the scales to stand up on the surface of the hair and the hair is more difficult to comb.
- Those who often struggle with statically charged hair can choose combs made of wood or horn and brushes made of wood and with natural bristles instead of plastic combs or brushes.
- Regular "tip cutting" protects against split ends. Split ends cannot be repaired with any care product. Means that promise this often contain silicones. Silicones only "stick" the split ends, but do not repair them.
- What technical specialty is RPI known for?
- Develops Zend Framework applications
- What is stalkfest
- How does Donna get into the Harveys apartment
- What cuisines have traditional whole fish recipes
- Where does cash come from
- Should Medicaid pay for abortions
- What is it like to live in Arizona
- Which smartphone operating system suits you and why
- Which board game surprised you the most
- Is it necessary for people to die
- Nazi Germany was secular
- What is an excluded value in math
- How did you experience God for the first time
- What are the highlights of C ++ 17
- Why should I switch to Elixir?
- Why is Siri so weird
- What is dry fasting in Islam
- What is Gyan Yoga
- How does hypolipoproteinemia lead to hemolytic anemia
- What is intelligence explosion
- Which is better GRIET or CVR
- How are fiction and science fiction connected?
- Can sociopaths care for