What is Brenda Lee's most successful song
If you are touring the Netherlands in the next few weeks, you should definitely make one thing: a concert with one of the oldest rock bands in the world. Namely ... the Golden Earring. They are - founded in 1961 - actually a bit older than the Rolling Stones. Even if the Dutch called themselves "The Tornados" back then. Ten of the band's songs have placed themselves well internationally over the years. In the Netherlands, at least 47 titles made it into the top 40. The most successful of these dates from 1973: the legendary "Radar Love".
The content of the song is easy to tell: a trucker is on the road, thinking of his loved one at home. Fittingly, he listens to the radio "Coming On Strong", a song by the singer Brenda Lee. A real heartache number that makes the sadness in him stronger and stronger. And longing. The song says:
“I've been driving all night, my hands on the steering wheel are damp
There's a voice in my head that spurs me on.
It's my sweetie who calls: "I need you here!"
And it's half past five and I shift up a gear.
The radio is playing a forgotten song: Brenda Lee’s "Coming On Strong".
The street mesmerizes me. I give more gas, into the new sunrise.
When I'm lonely and I'm sure that I've had enough
she sends her consolation to me from above. We don't need a phone - not at all.
We have one thing, a vibration in the air: Radar Love. "
No question: in times when there were no cell phones, that sounded even more adventurous than it does today: an invisible bond that connects lovers with one another? If you ask your grandparents, you will probably hear: In times of need, such an invisible connection between people is particularly pronounced. But also in good times? The Christian faith assumes that there is this "invisible bond" between all people: a bond of love that connects God and all people with one another. Wherever this "radar" is heard, people instinctively always do the right thing. For example, to be there for other people. The Bible calls this the Spirit of God. Golden Earring calls it “Radar Love”. - For everyone who cannot make the way to our north-western neighbors in the next few weeks: Here are Golden Earring and "Radar Love".
- Golden Earring - Radar Love
- Pop, Iggy & Pierson, Kate - Candy
- Golden Earring - Buddy Joe
- Bay, James - Hold Back The River
- Sheeran, Ed - Photographer
- Hendrix, Jimi - Bold as Love
- Lukas Graham - Love Someone
- Supertramp - Give A Little Bit
- Heinzmann, Stefanie - Build a House
- Rafferty, Gerry - Baker Street
- Bowie, David - Modern Love
- Lennon, John - Nobody Loves You (When You're Down And Out)
- Adams, Bryan - Shine A Light
- Cooper, Alice - Hey Stoopid
- Adams, Bryan - Shine A Light
- Queen - Who Wants to Live Forever
- Hooters - Satellite
- Blues Brothers - Everybody Needs Somebody
- Boomtown Rats - Banana Republic
- Adams, Bryan - Heaven
- Milow - Help
- Golden Earring - This Wheel's On Fire
- McLean, Don - American Pie
- Kennedy, Dermot - Outnumbered
- Hollywood Vampires - Heroes
- February 18 - Rolling Stones live in Rio de Janeiro (2006)
- Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies
- Dire Straits - Down To The Waterline
- Bee Gees - Tragedy
- Golden Earring - Twilight Zone
- Zoloft is nephrotoxic
- Is it easy to get a government job
- Barcelona will get independence
- Which is the smartest phone in India
- What unrealistic things are in detective novels
- Are suicide and murder the same?
- How much can I suffer without dying
- Who is the father of yoga
- What is Cloud Foundry Application Runtime CFAR
- Who is your favorite Indian music director
- Will social media ever get old
- 71 is a good score in ISC
- Adam was the first Muslim
- What is the best grill restaurant in California
- What is the tastiest food in Kazakhstan
- Why are motorists inconsiderate towards truck drivers
- How can a molecule be stable?
- How much do night club owners make
- What is umami
- What embarrassed you as an Indian
- What are optimistic pop music
- How many of you believe in karma
- Why do the British love Christmas specialties
- No Nut November is only for boys
- Which is better abroad or at home
- What is the average length of podcasts
- What is hiking
- 1k ohm resistors are used in chargers
- What is the use of virtual assistant
- Guitar bands are making a comeback
- How does the judiciary influence policy formulation
- What is the purpose of judicial interpretation
- What was your favorite horror movie ending