What is meant by 90 percentile marks
The Percentile or the Percentile rank is the percentage of the values of a distribution that is <= a given value.
This can answer the question: What percentage are smaller, lighter, worse ...? - or the opposite question: what percentage is bigger, heavier, better ...?
Of the 25 students in a class, 5 each wrote a grade 1, 5 a grade 2, 5 a grade 3, 5 a grade 4 and 5 a grade 5 in each exam.
For example, if a student has a grade of 2, he or she doesn't necessarily know whether he did really well (maybe everyone else has a grade of 1).
However, if the teacher tells the student with the grade 2 that he is in the 80% percentile, he knows that 80% of the students have a grade 2 or below ("worse") and only 20% above (the 5 students, which have a grade of 1).
The percentile can therefore be used as a benchmark to classify a certain value.
In the example above, the percentile must be determined individually (depends on the distribution of the grades). However, many measured values such as body height are subject to the normal distribution and in this case the percentiles can be read from a table for the standard normal distribution.
Percentiles are often used as a reference to estimate whether values are in the normal / acceptable / uncritical range. For example, the height and weight of children are measured in the regular U-examinations and it is checked whether they are within the so-called percentile curves in the range from the 3rd percentile to the 97th percentile (as the extreme range) at the respective age.
Some percentiles are used by default as statistical measures, e.g. the median as the 50% percentile and the lower or upper quartile as the 25% or the 75% percentile.
- Why do the British love Christmas specialties
- Is Amazon arbitrage possible?
- How do unarmed police officers deal with armed criminals
- Can UPSC be deleted without a reply
- What is suberine
- What is it like to fast every Sunday
- Are Manila girls safe for tourists
- What is the best luxury vacation
- What does syntopically mean
- Can a blind person visualize dreams
- How to write well
- Communicate animals with trees
- What is sqrt 0 2
- What is 99 99 99 99 99
- How do I measure children's ability to learn
- Why do you value Nepal
- Is Doterra a legal MLM
- Why is Madagascar not a monarchy
- How do I get license fees from YouTube
- Why is R programming not becoming more popular?
- Credit karma scores are lower
- Sergei Prokofiev played the violin
- Is homosexuality unhealthy
- Can everything be represented mathematically