Can someone be a great film director
How do I become a director?
Whether in film, television or in the theater: as a director, you stage and create great stories that inspire your viewers. There are many paths open to you to become a director. Art or film schools, for example, offer you the opportunity to study directing. A bachelor's degree lasts 6 to 8 semesters, in which, in addition to theoretical content, numerous practical projects await you. The universities also require something presentable from practice for your admission. Because if you want to study directing, you often have to go through a multi-stage selection process. If an academic degree is not an option for you, you can work your way up to a sought-after director through internships and training at production companies. Your own planned and implemented short films will help you gain a foothold in the industry as a career changer.
What does a director do?
What are the job prospects?
Directing is a popular profession that attracts with exciting projects and a lot of fame. However, international films, musicals or expensive theatrical productions only make up a fraction of all productions. A small number of high-paying jobs contrasts with a large number of directors. Due to the popularity of the profession, well-trained graduates from a media academy or film school are added every year. Therefore, for optimal career prospects, you should not only focus on these areas, but also on smaller companies such as television films, series or commercials. As a director, you are often project-based and not always busy. For this reason, you acquire new employers over the year or work on your own productions.
Which qualities help me in my job?
What specializations are there?
- Different media work areas
- Insight into all production steps
- Work as an employee or freelancer
- Creative profession with a lot of responsibility
What speaks for the job
- You are involved in every step of a film or theater production
- As a director, you bring stories to life
- If television and theater are not your thing, you can also gain a foothold in the radio or radio play area
- The job lives from your creative way of working
What speaks against the job
- Since the director is a popular profession, the competition for vacancies is fierce
- Because you are primarily responsible for almost all production steps, you are faced with a high workload
- Long shooting days and weekend work are common, especially in the film and television sector
Starting salary as a director
As a director, your salary is difficult to estimate. Often your first projects are even unpaid or you have to put money into production or staging yourself. In general, the more successful and well-known your projects are, the more money you can earn with them.
With a little experience, the paid jobs also come. As a rule, your remuneration is based on the duration of the production. For smaller projects such as image films or smaller performances in the theater, you can expect a starting salary of around € 1,200 ¹ to € 3,300 ¹ gross per month. Since many directors are self-employed, you should keep in mind that you will also have to pay for your insurance from this.
- Director1.200 €¹
- actor1.600 €¹
Salary based on work experience
Salary based on work experience
Salary by state
- Should people argue about religion
- Is Pardot better than HubSpot
- We experience deep sleep in death
- How can I know my gift
- Is Facebook a spyware
- Shouldn't God take human life seriously
- How is multimedia used in movies
- How has the internet affected cinemas?
- Bitcoin is overvalued at 10,000
- Why does Trump act with hate
- Feminism is not lacking
- What are operating systems
- Who are the experts for chargebacks
- What is wholesale price
- Which subject do you teach
- You can print from a Chromebook
- Who invented push-ups?
- Is beekeeping risky
- What if there actually were unicorns
- Can mobile websites behave like native apps?
- How do you stay sharp
- What's the best age for beer
- Adultery is a criminal offense in India
- Can I make money breeding mini horses?