When should I use roof cladding?
Cover the roof overhang - this is how it's done
Roof boxes are technically necessary
The roof overhang not only ensures better shading in summer, but also better protection of the facade from the weather and helps to largely avoid weathering damage.
For technical reasons, however, this roof overhang has to be clad from below, as it would offer an area exposed to wind without cladding. There is a risk that the wind could lift the roof off. A roof box eliminates this risk.
Different construction methods on eaves and gable sides
Roof overhangs on both the eaves and the gable side can be taken into account when planning the roof.
The cladding of these overhangs is easiest on the gable side, here the entire cladding is usually attached to the flight rafter without the need for a substructure.
A substructure is always necessary on the eaves side if the rafters and rafter heads are not exactly in line - this is relatively often the case with old buildings. Then a straight, continuous overlay is first created with impregnated wood.
Cladding of the roof box
- Wooden panels, mostly tongue and groove, are the most common
- other wood products can theoretically also be used, such as MDF
- Plastic panels are only slightly more expensive, but are practically maintenance-free
- Aluminum is a very expensive but also very durable option
This is how roof overhangs are usually clad
- Wood panels with tongue and groove
- Fastening material
- if necessary wood for substructure
- Fastening tools: cordless screwdriver, etc.
1. Checking the rafters
In new buildings, protruding rafters are usually in alignment and therefore do not need a substructure. The cladding can be attached directly to the rafter here.
In the case of old buildings, a wooden substructure is often required to create a straight support surface on the rafters.
2. Attach the cladding
It starts at the bottom; First of all, it must be determined how far the cover width of a panel extends so that the cut for the wall-side panels can be planned.
The tongue and groove boards are then simply attached to the rafters - otherwise to the substructure if one is available.
3. Cover the front sides
The end faces are the last to be covered. The same procedure is used for cladding overhangs on the gable end of the house. The paint should be applied to the wood before assembly.
- Is it wrong to trust my partner?
- How many people have valued you in life
- How to make money on Android
- Is Koko the gorilla real?
- What is the number system in English
- Includes Disney Hulu
- What is a PET scan
- Is it boring being a Navy JAG?
- Which flowers are the hardest to grow?
- What are 15 reasons to make a living from it
- I have a band name. What now
- Are there any clairvoyants on Quora
- What are sponsored and UGC nofollow backlinks
- Where can I buy domains cheaply
- What is Marshall economy
- Why are trees dying in my area
- Is beekeeping risky
- Why is Charizard so overrated
- How does alternating current flow through inductances
- Did the Jews resist the Nazis?
- Why is there a hole in the piston
- Are there literary agents on Quora
- Can an American join JTF2
- Why is folliculitis spreading