What are the healthiest chicken nuggets
Chicken nuggets put to the test: mostly molded meat in breadcrumbs
Vienna - Anyone who buys frozen chicken nuggets usually gets "a lot of bread and hardly any high-quality meat that rarely comes from domestic production", criticizes the consumer information association (VKI) in the test magazine "Konsument" (March issue). After all: all products were free from the pesticide fipronil. Contaminated eggs and egg products triggered a food scandal in 2017.
Twelve packs of chicken nuggets from the freezer shelves - including an organic product - that had been bought in supermarkets, discounters and in an organic store were examined. The best - each with "good" - were rated products from Jeden Tag / Unimarkt and Spar / Interspar. Six packs of chicken pieces were only "average" according to the testers, and four more were even "less than satisfactory". The most expensive was the organic product: Converted to one kilo, the price was 23 euros. For nuggets from conventional agriculture, 3.98 to 10.76 euros per kilogram had to be paid. Seven products consisted of more than 40 percent breadcrumbs.
Mostly made from molded meat
Chicken nuggets can be made from pieces of meat or from molded meat. "They are mostly made from molded meat," reported the testers. Three products (Jeden Tag, Spar, Gutknecht) mainly contained skeletal muscles, so their meat quality was rated "very good". Nuggets, which made up more than 50 percent of the fine-pored substance, received a "less than satisfactory" rating in terms of quality. Here the meat was chopped up so much that a muscle could no longer be seen.
The manufacturer's information on the origin of the meat - rarely noted on the packaging - was checked using isotope analysis. All samples were judged to be flawless on this point. "But we did not expect that chickens from up to three different countries could be used in one and the same product," said the consumer advocates. "Chickens from Austria are only found in the chicken nuggets from Spar and Hubers (Mercury, note). This is clearly indicated on the packs with the indication '100 percent Austrian chicken breast meat'. "Both products were the most expensive from conventional agriculture in the test.
Sugar in many products
"It is common sense that chicken nuggets from the supermarket freezer have nothing to do with mini-sized fried chicken," said "Konsument" editor Elisabeth Spanlang. Many products contain sugar (dextrose, maltose, glucose syrup). "What is mainly pressed into the typical nugget shape is meat chopped up beyond recognition, which visually resembles a sausage meat used for sausage production. Some of the products we examined were so fine-pored that they could only have been sold in Germany with a different label . "
Chicken nuggets can also be made yourself: cut the chicken breast into pieces and season, roll in flour, pull through the bubbled egg, bread with breadcrumbs, bake in the pan, done! (APA, February 21, 2018)
- What can I bring from Dubai
- Why are our speed limits 65-70mph
- What did Bibi do for Israel?
- What are some Geographic Features of Uruguay
- What was Tove Jansson's inspiration for Moomins
- Visit Google RVCE
- Can scientific facts influence religious beliefs?
- What is your opinion on crusades
- What are some characteristics of marsupials
- How old is the field of neuroscience
- What is SHM
- When referring to singing, what phrasing is
- Where is the oriental college in Bhopal located
- How can I trust my strengths
- Is 12 01 on the next calendar day
- Can you morally justify racism
- How can I get Dushyant's book
- What are the advantages of alternators
- How to help a constipated puppy
- What surprised you most when visiting Istanbul
- If 2 x 1024 what is x
- How homophobic is Spain
- What is your favorite Spanish football club
- Really loves Petyr Baelish Sansa
- How can we see subatomic particles?
- Who invented the microwave 1
- What's knocking in my engine
- What do you think about child counseling
- Why is Taurus the best sign
- What things are needed in PGDM courses
- What a surprising thing it makes parenting easier
- What is your opinion on cats
- What color are the white blood cells?