What is breast density
In addition to the mammography score, the breast density is rated on a scale from 1 to 4 as the second 'key figure' during your preventive medical check-up. This is the relationship between glandular tissue, connective tissue and fatty tissue in the breast - a relationship that is created and distributed individually for each woman.
The four degrees of density of the breast in mammography
The following picture shows typical examples of the four breast density levels in mammography:
The dense, (in mammography light) areas correspond to mammary gland tissue, while the dark, 'transparent' areas correspond to adipose tissue, since adipose tissue is much more 'transparent' to X-rays than glandular tissue.
The breast density is a mammographic feature and has no disease value! So it makes no difference to your health what density your breast has in the mammography.
Why is breast density important?
The breast density influences the assessability of your mammography. Pathological changes can be superimposed by a dense breast and are difficult to recognize, or under certain circumstances can even be completely masked. This is why the Austrian breast care program routinely performs an ultrasound examination in addition to mammography from a breast density of 3.
Can breast density change?
Breast density can change over time, and it usually decreases with age. But there are also women whose breast density remains constant throughout their lives (see also What is the breast type?). Different mammography devices or imaging techniques can influence the breast density, and not least the subjective impression of the radiologist. Breast surgeries (both cosmetic and therapeutic) also often affect the density of the breast.
- How to say candle in French
- How does laziness affect my studies?
- What is the future of QR codes
- What is the correct postage
- Why do companies measure the CMMI values
- What's the best age for beer
- Can Tom Brady beat the Jaggs
- What can cause vomiting
- What products does Cetaphil sell
- What are good wrist exercises
- Is the music from YouTube Premium good
- Who came to eat with crickets
- Which is the smartest phone in India
- Who was Jurgis Baltrusaitis
- What do we get from childhood memories
- Do we really need smartwatches
- Shopify takes a percentage of sales
- What does Nigeria need
- Can I play football with Messi?
- Why shouldn't you use non-stick cookware
- What does the word sepiroth mean
- Which blanket should I get
- Slumdog Millionaire is overrated
- How do I make homemade fertilizer
- What is a tic disorder
- What are some lesser known cultural myths
- Is a cittern a guitar
- Why do we itch during exercise
- Has anyone ever had a fake ID?
- What is the Pipil Tribe
- What is a feature of crypto currency
- What is gucci belt wrap
- How good is the SBSC evening
- How do I create a writing portfolio