Who are some notable Fulbright alumni
Fulbright Prize for International Understanding to Dr. Angela Merkel
Fulbright Germany announces that the Fulbright Association has awarded the J. William Fulbright Prize for International Understanding 2018 to Dr. Angela Merkel, Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany, awards. With this award, the Fulbright Association honors Chancellor Merkel as an outstanding leader and for her strong commitment to mutual understanding, international cooperation and peace.
As the representative of the Fulbright Community in the United States, the Fulbright Association is convinced that Chancellor Merkel fulfills her leadership role in an outstanding manner in times of global crises and challenges. It is a special honor for Fulbright to honor Angela Merkel - as in previous years, among others, Nelson Mandela, Jimmy Carter, Corazon Aquino, Mary Robinson, as well as Bill and Melinda Gates.
Angela Merkel will accept the award at a festive award ceremony that will take place on January 28, 2019 in Berlin. For the first time in the award's 25-year history, the Fulbright Association will host this event outside of the United States.
About the J. William Fulbright Prize for International Understanding
The J. William Fulbright Prize for International Understanding honors one of the world's most prestigious international exchange programs and the legacy of its creator, the late Senator J. William Fulbright. The award, which has been awarded by the Fulbright Association since 1993, honors outstanding contributions to the promotion of peace through greater understanding between peoples, cultures and nations. He has a remarkable history of award winners including Nelson Mandela, Jimmy Carter, Desmond Tutu, Bill Clinton, Vaclav Havel, Corazon Aquino, Mary Robinson, Doctors Without Borders, and Bill and Melinda Gates.
For more information and a full list of the winners, visit fulbright.org/prize
Via the Fulbright Association
The Fulbright Association is the alumni organization of the Fulbright Program in the United States. Founded in 1977, it is an independent, not-for-profit organization based in Washington, DC with 53 offices in 38 US states. Their mission is to stand up for the Fulbright program and promote international education. The Fulbright Association works with 70 sister alumni associations around the world.
More at fulbright.org
- How did you get into geography?
- How did Sapphire get its name
- How can I construct a refractory casting
- Relieves stress and freckles
- What is a geographical indication
- Is Australia running out of water?
- SPIT Mumbai has its own hostel
- Which 3 drugs are legal in India
- When was Les Mis on Broadway
- Where can I find the oil dipstick
- What is a terrifying animal
- Fix any errors for the Powerpoint restore
- Is Pardot better than HubSpot
- What do successful entrepreneurs not have to do
- Which places are used in C language
- Tai Tai is an offensive term
- Why is Brainfuck a programming language
- What are some German surnames
- What is the glossary in a book
- Is the women's march against the Jewish people
- Why are you rowing
- You can change the rotors after changing the brakes
- Like girls men with dark complexions
- What is the highest pay
- Why is recursion so hard to learn
- What era could emerge after postmodernism?
- What time is it in Houston, Texas
- Are European universities really worse than Americans
- Where does Windows 10 save wallpapers
- How hard is Vaishno Devi Trek
- What is DRDO INMAS
- Can PhotoMath solve word problems
- How do you think like a bot
- Why didn't Alibaba buy Foursquare?