Why are timelines used
Creating a timeline: the top 3 tools
Always keep an eye on time planning
Timelines are a widely used tool: Not only as a didactic medium in school lessons or as a visualization in historical research (“time table”), but also in task management and project management. Timelines get you immediate overview the timing of past and upcoming events, projects and activities. For this reason, timelines should be timeline) are not missing in the operative business either.
Timeline: Templates, Benefits & Shapes
The Benefits of a timeline are also diverse in everyday business life. You always locate all tasks in a temporal context. This means you don't lose sight of deadlines and you can automatically see where certain tasks overlap. This especially helps with capacity planning and prevents bottlenecks from occurring. If you also Timeline templates you have an ideal basis to start directly with a ready-to-use structure and to establish standards.
Timeline in project management: Gantt!
In project management, timelines are usually mapped in the form of a Gantt chart, which contains further information in addition to the pure time axis. On the Gantt chart, all tasks appear as bars that stretch over a certain period of time.
You can see the task title directly and also set milestones and task dependencies. The timeline clearly shows which to-dos are in a predecessor / successor relationship and build on each other or at which points there are conflicts.
The top 3 tools to help you create timelines
Timelines can be set up with various toolsall of which have their own focus. The article below gives an overview of 3 of the most popular softwarethat you can use to create timelines. We provide the solutions factro, Agantty and PowerPoint more precisely before.
With the German project management toolfactro you can intuitively create timelines and use the added value of the Gantt chart for yourself. You can do all the tasks with details like Priorities, efforts, checklists and prepare responsibilities. You then take on the timeline intuitively the time division via drag & drop in front. Combine tasks in packages and move them as a block.
You can also define dependencies in the form of predecessor / successor relationships with just a few clicks of the mouse. You can also record important events mark as milestones. factro thinks with you: If a predecessor is completed, you will be informed about it If a predecessor or successor is moved, all dependent tasks can also be moved. There is a warning against scheduling conflicts.
As a cloud-based collaboration software, the tool is ideally suited for teamwork. Any changes to the timeline are automatically synced for everyone. You can use any timeline you create, too save as a timeline template, use again and again and share in a team. You can use all timelines export as image or CSVto use the data for other purposes.
That draws factro out:
- intuitive operation
- Create a timeline and save it as a template
- 100% Made in Germany: Development, support and server in Germany
- Start directly in a team
- Mobile app for iOS and Android
The tool Agantty particularly focuses on that Representation in the Gantt chart. With the solution, you can create a timeline on which you can find your tasks and assign them in the team. Operation via drag & drop is also possible. An alternative representation of the tasks is a list overview and the Export as PDF.
Recently started offering Agantty also one Mobile app with which you can keep an eye on and work on the tasks on the go. You can also control teamwork more specifically by dividing teams and user rights.
What Agantty offers:
- Create and customize timeline
- Allocate tasks in the team
- Mobile app for on the go
PowerPoint is a classic and special well known through Microsoft Office. The tool is mainly used for presentations in schools, universities and companies, but is also suitable if you want to create a timeline. You can find many on the internet Timeline templates for PowerPoint, but these are mostly rigid and more useful for visual purposes.
The advantages of PowerPoint are particularly the flexible optics including animations and transitions. The numerous timeline templates allow you to create finished images very efficiently. But unlike e.g. factro is PowerPoint no project management software. Task management only works to a limited extent with PowerPoint and is very cumbersome.
This is what makes PowerPoint:
- Good for presentations
- Lots of options for visualization
- Lots of free templates available
- What is the purpose of anger 1
- Can a mortgage go up
- How does computer memory work
- What is an automatic weather station
- Where did the Basques come from?
- Bangladesh will be the next Afghanistan
- Physics Is there such a thing as negative gravity
- Believe God in science or in yourself
- How does English reveal your personality?
- Who makes and produces Saab cars
- How do I overcome career mistakes
- What are some characteristics of marsupials
- What is a rotor shaft
- Is inductive thinking anecdotal
- Did you make New Years resolutions in 2018
- All become friends
- What do you think about kung fu
- What is event data in jQuery
- What is the biggest pollution problem
- Do you like doing paid surveys?
- What is the formula for calcium bisulfate
- Will Facebook's crypto currency change the world economy?
- How can Tony Ferguson deal with Khabib's Sambo
- What are the characteristics of nuclear fusion