Is impeachment a BS

time of the nationalsocialism

Klagge's ambition to develop Braunschweig into a National Socialist model town, in addition to numerous construction activities, also resulted in various Nazi institutions being settled in Braunschweig. In addition to the Academy for Youth Leadership in Wolfenbütteler Straße as a training center for the full-time Hitler Youth leadership corps, the Hermann Göring Reichsjägerhof was also built in Buchhorst with apartments for the officials of the hunting administration of the former Braunschweig hunting district. The former residential palace was partially converted into an SS Junker School. In addition, model settlements were created in Lehndorf and in the southern part of the city, as well as other residential buildings on the outskirts of Braunschweig (Gartenstadt, Bastholzsieldung, Mascheroder Holz settlement, Vorwerkiedlung, Schunteriedlung, Lindenbergsiedlung). On the one hand, they served to create new living space for those workers and employees who were pushing into the city due to industrial and military settlements or major transport projects (e.g. VW, Lower Saxony Motor Works, Querum air message barracks, marshalling yard), and on the other hand, to accommodate them the residents from the city center, who had to be relocated due to the old town renovation that began in 1933. In the course of this renovation, which had been planned for a long time, which had become necessary due to the unsustainable hygienic conditions and the prevailing spatial confinement, 25% of the existing living space was lost. The affected residents had to give up their houses and mostly moved to the new settlement areas on the outskirts or to the districts of Veltenhof, Gliesmarode, Lehndorf, Melverode, Ölper, Querum, Riddagshausen and Rühme, which were incorporated between 1931 and 1934. As a symbol for the renovation of the old town, the so-called broom man, a bronze figure created by the sculptor Jacob Hofmann, which depicts a small, undressed child with a broom, was erected on the newly created Weberstraße / Lange Straße playground.