What are some examples of commensalist relationships
A neem seed extract shampoo is recommended for the scabies mite of dogs. In a 2008 study, 8 out of 10 treated dogs were completely mite-free at the end of therapy. Only a few mites were counted in the remaining two.
The shampoo was used Wash Away Louse of Alpha-Biocare. The dogs were shampooed once a day for 14 days. On the seventh day, four dogs were free from mites. There were no side effects.
Neem and turmeric help with scabies
In an Indian study from 1992 with 814 scabies patients, a cure was apparently achieved in 97 percent with a paste made from neem and turmeric within 3 to 15 days. Unfortunately, the specific recipe could no longer be found. But this study suggests that turmeric can also be included in the treatment.
Lavender oil kills the mites
The essential lavender oil also has a deadly effect on the itch mite and soothes itching. Put 8 drops of the oil on a bathtub and bathe in it for 30 minutes. Or you can mix the essential lavender oil and olive oil in a ratio of 1: 5, apply it to the affected skin and wash it off after 15 minutes with a mild soap.
Vinegar against the mites
Vinegar is also said to kill the mites (apple cider vinegar or wine vinegar). Mix the vinegar 1: 1 with water and apply this mixture three times a day. After 15 minutes they are rinsed off again.
Chili could ease the discomfort
For people with fairly insensitive skin, chilli could be a way to alleviate the symptoms. The sharp powder is deadly on the mites. 4 tablespoons of ground chilies are placed in a bathtub. After 30 minutes you end the bath and shower off. The bath should be taken once a day. Capsaicin - the active ingredient in chili peppers - also has a desensitizing effect and can thus reduce itching.
This measure is not suitable for sensitive skin due to the spiciness of the chilli powder.
Aloe Vera removes the itchiness
Pure aloe vera gel was shown in a test from 2009 (Phytotherapy Research) with a total of 30 patients as effective as a lotion made from benzyl benzoate. 16 participants received the aloe vera gel and only two were itchy after the end of the treatment. Of the 14 participants who had been treated with the conventional medical benzyl benzoate, 3 people still felt itchy at the end. The lesions had disappeared in all participants.
How can you promote wound healing with Krazte?
Since scabies is accompanied by severe itching and skin lesions, wound healing measures are always used. From a naturopathic point of view, the following methods have proven to be helpful for scabies:
- Mix turmeric with lemon juice to a paste and apply to the skin once a day. Wash off after an hour.
- Aloe Vera also promotes wound healing. Several times a day, e.g. B. after a treatment with tea tree oil, apply and let dry. Use a pure aloe vera gel.
- In the case of the use of essential oils presented above, it is also recommended, especially for sensitive skin, to mix the oils with a zinc oxide ointment and only then apply it. The ointment prevents skin irritation from the essential oils and supports wound healing. In this case, you take 100 grams of cream, stir in 1 ml of oil (e.g. clove and tea tree) or more and apply the cream in the evening. They are washed off in the morning. A compress or bandage will keep the cream from getting on clothing or bedding.
For scabies: use natural remedies and strengthen the immune system
Since not everyone who comes into contact with an infected person is infected with scabies, how susceptible they are to the mite obviously depends to a large extent on the state of the individual's immune system. At the latest when the scabies is circulating nearby, but of course also when you are affected yourself, measures should be used that strengthen or relieve the immune system.
This includes the usual measures of a healthy diet and lifestyle, such as a full diet rich in vital substances and a lot of fruit and vegetables and avoiding alcohol, white flour and sugar at the same time.
Food supplements that have a positive effect on skin health and wound healing (e.g. zinc, OPC, B complex, vitamins C and D) can also be taken at the same time. Mineral earths such as zeolite can also be used. They help to expel toxins via the digestive system and - similar to antioxidants (astaxanthin, sulforaphane, etc.) - enormously relieve the immune system.
Some medicinal mushrooms, such as Reishi or Cordyceps, have a specific mobilizing effect on the immune system.
A strong immune system also protects against secondary infections and helps the body - just like the natural remedies presented - to overcome scabies as quickly as possible.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Abdel-Ghaffar F et al, Neem seed extract shampoo, Wash Away Louse, an effective plant agent against Sarcoptes scabiei mites infesting dogs in Egypt., Parasitology Research, 2008 Dec; 104 (1): 145-8
- Charles V et al, The use and efficacy of Azadirachta indica ADR ('Neem') and Curcuma longa ('Turmeric') in scabies. A pilot study., Tropical and Geographical Medicine, 1992 Jan; 44 (1-2): 178-81
- Oyelami OA et al, Preliminary study of effectiveness of aloe vera in scabies treatment., Phytotherapy Research, 2009 Oct; 23 (10): 1482-4.
- Walton SF et al, Acaricidal activity of Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil: in vitro sensitivity of sarcoptes scabiei var hominis to terpinen-4-ol., Archives of Dermatology, 2004 May; 140 (5): 563-6
- Fang F et al, In vitro activity of ten essential oils against Sarcoptes scabiei, Parasites & amp; Vectors, 2016; 9: 594.
- Thomas J et al, Therapeutic Potential of Tea Tree Oil for Scabies, The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 2016 Feb 3; 94 (2): 258266.
- Pasay C et al, Acaricidal Activity of Eugenol Based Compounds against Scabies Mites, PLoS One, 2010; 5 (8): e12079
- Monsel G et al., Management of Scabies, Skin Therapy Letter, 2012 Mar; 17 (3): 1-4
- Mounsey KE et al, Scabies: molecular perspectives and therapeutic implications in the face of emerging drug resistance., Future Microbiology, 2008 Feb; 3 (1): 57-66
- Fssler K, Scabies: It still itches after the therapy, Luzerner Zeitung, February 23, 2014
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- How could I draw a satirical caricature
- Vacancies WhatsApp group
- You can use watercolor on normal canvas
- Feel reptiles love
- Why did Netflix cancel Good Omens
- How to convert ethane to ethene
- How can soup help you lose weight
- How do I stir natural peanut butter?
- What inappropriate conversations have you overheard?
- How do views work in SwiftUI
- Can I use BrowserStack to test selenium
- How many children does Eminem have
- What foods do not tolerate slow cooking?
- What did Adam Smith think of emotions
- What do Marvel fans think of Ultron
- Is moderation in all things bad advice
- Shani Dev is more powerful than other gods
- What is your idea of Hindu gods
- Can interfere with light of different wavelengths
- Why are people such followers
- How can I see trending Quora answers
- What is the need for existence
- Which is the greatest football derbie
- Does pure water freeze at 0? C.